Skip to content

Location of items in that specific game (POSSIBLE SPOILER)

As I understand, please correct me if I am wrong, EE relocates some items from original series, add some new powerful items and gives some randomness to both of the above. I do talk about special, top-of-the-line items although aforementioned conditions could relate to all items.
Is it possible to extract where those special things in that particular game are, for the sake of special "item hoarding" game sessions?
Tnx!

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    I don't think the EEs have changed any of the locations of already existing items since Beamdog don't have the license to change any already existing content. However, the EEs do add new items, which are almost exclusively associated with the questlines of the new EE NPCs, so if you follow them, you can get most of the shiny new stuff. The only other item additions that happen are if you import your game from Siege of Dragonspear, in which case, you'll get a handful of items from that game scattered throughout BG2EE. Here's a list of the latter group.
    ThacoBellBlackbɨrdgorgonzolaJuliusBorisov
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    There's very little randomness in treasure; aside from things like some gems and scrolls, everything's fixed. This includes every unique item and every piece of gear enemies have equipped.

Of those SoD items, a couple show up even if you don't have SoD. The shaman items appear in every game of BG2EE, since that class didn't exist in original BG2 and thus it needs some class-specific pieces in case you're running one.
    ThacoBellgorgonzola
  • domagoj_zgdomagoj_zg Member Posts: 11
    I know about Foebane conditioning on WK1 and someone here mentioned that he didn't collect, I think, Carsomyr, so I concluded that EE wanted to give some randomness for old players...
    Thank you for insight
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    From my understanding everything and everyone has set items, however there are certain mods from what I have heard that spread, randomsie and relocate some of the treasure around.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    an other item that is added in EE is a weapon in the starting dungeon for charname, that is always in the same location but depends on the class, ie for some classes is the staff-spear.
    but it does need to import from sod and even to own that game, is only a new feature that always is active in soa.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    an other item that is added in EE is a weapon in the starting dungeon for charname, that is always in the same location but depends on the class, ie for some classes is the staff-spear.
    but it does need to import from sod and even to own that game, is only a new feature that always is active in soa.

Not technically a new feature. It was coded in BG2 vanilla, but yet another one of the originals' countless bugs prevented it from working. Beamdog just fixed the error.
    gorgonzola
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    fixed bug or new feature it remains a weapon that in EE you get and in the original game don't, so the weapon is added by EE, even if fixing a bug and not implementing a new feature.
    anyway i did not know it, thank you for letting me know it.