Skip to content

Mod Weirdness

LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
edited April 2020 in BG:EE Mods
Hi,

I've just bought the Beamdog version of BG1 and SOD. Before this I was using the MacApp Store version with two mods Northern Tales of the Sword Coast and The Stone of Askavar.

I've moved everything over to the Beamdog version and then installed just the Northern Tales of the Sword Coast mod into the SOD folder. All appear ok when I loaded the Game with SOD but when I look at the World Map, it names of the new area is screwed up by what looks like another string, see image:

c0ikrz9yk0i1.png

And ideas of what could be wrong and how to fix it? I was wondering if its because the Mac App Store version also had Stone of Askavar installed (not that I think i ever triggered it), should I install it now?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Dave

Comments

• LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
    I think I may have found the problem, the version I had installed on MacStore Version was NTotSC V3.1.1 but the version I have installed in the Beamdog version is 3.2.0. Not sure what to do now? I guess I could start a new game and import my character and start over (at the moment that seems like a hard slog!). The other solution would be to try and find NTotSC 3.1.1, uninstall 3.2.0 and install 3.1.1.

Not sure what to do.......
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Did you install the mods on top of a game in progress? If so, that's your problem. You should never do that.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @LookToWindward You cannot use old savegames for a new(ly) modded game, that usually leads to text mixups.
  • LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
    When I originally installed the Mods I was using BG:EE from the Mac App Store. I then took advantage of the Beamdog sale and got BG:EE and SOD for cheap. I then installed the Mods again for SOD, however in the meantime they have been updated and this caused all kind of problems. I've now exported my character and started again in a new game with NTotSC installed and also Dark Horizons seems to be working ok so far.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Cheers