Skip to content

Damage Bonuses of similar types don't get added to weapon or stack?

NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
edited April 2020 in Builders - Toolset
Not sure If this has always been the case but I can't seem to stack damage bonuses of the same type. For example, if I add +1 cold damage to a weapon from one item and then add 1d6 cold damage from another item, only one of them will show up in the character screen and in the combat dialogue but both properties will appear in the weapon description. Same thing if I make a weapon in the tool set. Has this always been the case? Is it a bug?
Post edited by NeverwinterWights on

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    It has always been the case that damage bonuses of the same type don't stack - see wiki.
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    Proleric wrote: »
    It has always been the case that damage bonuses of the same type don't stack - see wiki.

Ah okay. Thank you sir.
  • QuilistanQuilistan Member Posts: 177
    has it always been the case then, if you have a +1 scimitar with bonus 1d6 slashing damage. The 1d6 slashing bonus doesn't show up in the character sheet?
    Because I am currently seeing that as an issue on my end.
  • ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402
    Quilistan wrote: »
    has it always been the case then, if you have a +1 scimitar with bonus 1d6 slashing damage. The 1d6 slashing bonus doesn't show up in the character sheet?
    Because I am currently seeing that as an issue on my end.

same thing, enhancement is in reality both attack bonus and then damage bonus of the weapon damage type

so it is as if you gave weapon +1 damage slashing and +1d6 damage slashing

put there bludgeoning bonus instead that will stack and it will also get converted to weapon damage type (speciality that is not generally known)
    NeverwinterWightsTerrorble
  • QuilistanQuilistan Member Posts: 177
    Interesting, thanks Shadooow