Skip to content

Does the Purifier +5 set MR at 30% or five you MR +30?

I’m wondering if the Purifier sword acts like Carsomyr by *setting* your MR or if it is like the other MR items in the game in that it adds to your MR.

Comments

• KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    It adds.

Combined with a Wizard Slayer dual classed to thief, and other items you can come up to 100%.

I "cheat" and swap the Balduran helmet for the cloak on my bg2 games.
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Khyron wrote: »
    It adds.

Combined with a Wizard Slayer dual classed to thief, and other items you can come up to 100%.

I "cheat" and swap the Balduran helmet for the cloak on my bg2 games.
    Dang, I hadn’t thought of that. I’m planning a run and one of my characters will be a berserker 13 > thief. I wonder how high I can get MR. I plan on dual wielding Foebane and Purifier.

I’m not sure what I’ll swap to yet for backstabs. Staff perhaps?
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    to backstab staffs seem to be the better option, ryn available from the beginning, the one with charges to grant high damage stabs when they are needed and is possible to get ram quite early if you are strong enough to force your way trough some WK levels and kill the big lizard that has it.
    also the long reach helps to stab people that is moving.
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    to backstab staffs seem to be the better option, ryn available from the beginning, the one with charges to grant high damage stabs when they are needed and is possible to get ram quite early if you are strong enough to force your way trough some WK levels and kill the big lizard that has it.
    also the long reach helps to stab people that is moving.
    I’m still in BG1, but I think this is where I’m headed.

I’ll have ***** in bastard swords and *** in two weapon fighting as a fighter (maybe more, not sure if I’ll dual at 13 or what), and going scimitar, staff, two handed style, and dagger and club would eat up my proficiencies nicely as a single classed thief.