Skip to content

Any way to remove the big red 'Paused'/'Unpaused' from combat log?

Hello, ive recently turned up my SCS difficulty up abit. I like how it makes the game more spicy. But i find myself using pause more and my combat log is clogged with that big red 'Paused'/'Unpaused', so i cant see much of the real combat info.

I'm curious is there a way to remove that option? Any line to edit in baldur.lue or something like that?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    by the looks of it im going to go with no? since its actually the same font as the rest of the lettering in the game, just capitalized

what you can do though is click on the top of the dialogue box and then drag it up to increase the size of your dialogue window so you can see more lines in the dialogue box if that helps
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    It is possible with a resource editor, such as Near Infinity. Open the file ENGINEST.2DA and search for the labels STRREF_GUI_HELP_PAUSED and STRREF_GUI_HELP_UNPAUSED. Set the associated numeric values to 0 and save the file.

Afterwards there shouldn't be any feedback in the log window when you activate or deactivate pause. The removal of pause feedback may have some side effects for auto-pause messages though.
    JuliusBorisovGrond0
  • websterr33websterr33 Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2020
    Thanks guys, it works great. I was surprised how easy to use Near Infinity is. I was able to remove the spammy pause messages without removing good info like auto pause for enemy sighted, trap detected etc.

I would like to clean up the combat log abit more by removing other unnecessary messages like the one about dying mobs:

'Gibberling: Death'

In big fights these quickly become spammy. Any idea what label in ENGINEST.2DA is responsible for the 'Death' messages?
    I think that can be controlled with the regular in-game options (see Options > Gameplay > Feedback > Feedback Messages).
    JuliusBorisov
  • websterr33websterr33 Member Posts: 13
    In-game there's an option to show/not show all Combat Information, but you cant pick which particular info.
    Try the "State Changes" option. I don't think it is possible to fine-tune it any further.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 998
    You can get rid of 'Gibberling: Death' type messages by setting the STRREF column of DEATH in EFFTEXT.2DA to -1.
    Grond0JuliusBorisovGusindawebsterr33