Skip to content

Does foebane +3 have any ability to heal its wielder?

I can’t remember and I can only find a picture of the +5 version in google.

I really would love a healing weapon in BG2 before ToB

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited May 2020
    No. Its only power beyond being +3 is to do bonus damage to undead, shapeshifters and fiends. You can find details here.
    gorgonzolaJuliusBorisov
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    edited May 2020
    A healing weapon before ToB? There are two - the Sword of Chaos you can pick up in the starting dungeon (2H sword +2) and Adjatha the Drinker from the Warden in the Planar Prison (long sword +2). Each heals the wielder one point per hit.
    Grond0Klorox
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    I'm pretty sure the upgraded version does heal the wielder, but no the +3 version doesn't.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    the upgraded version apply minor laroch drain on hit so replenish health (probably even bashing containers with the sword, even if i did not try it), but is impossible to upgrade it in soa.
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    I don't know if it still the case in EE but the heal from the drain used to be subject to magic resistance. Was a real bummer. Still it is one of the earliest +5 weapons that can be compleated, maybe the earliest. It is a solid weapon for Watcher`s Keep as there are so many enemies it does extra damage to.
    gorgonzola
  • AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    Foebane is bugged. It casts larlochs minor on hit so gives u 4 hp back. Its fuxed atm unless u apply the hotfix which someone other than me can link.
  • iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    Foebane should be renamed “Foebugbane” for all the bugs this crazy messed up bar of steel is buggered with

To directly answer your question; no the +3 version does not heal the the user

The plus 5 version SHOULD heal the user by casting Larlochs minor drain on hit. But minor drain is bugged (not just in the sword, across the whole game) it drains the enemy HP alright, but those HO don’t get given back to you.

In addition the extra damage to outsiders for both versions is wildly inconsistent. Done outsiders (deva/planetar) take no extra damage. Others seem to take way more than expected.

This should be an absolutely god-tier weapon. But as it is it’s good, but frustratingly not amazing.

As @Aewyrven rightly points out, there is a hotfix available to fix it. You can download it from this conversation https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1080556#Comment_1080556
    Unless you are on iOS like me :-/
    gorgonzolaJuliusBorisov
  • AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    edited May 2020
    The mage spell and bhaalpwer work, the on hit from foebane doesnt work.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Aewyrven wrote: »
    The mage spell and bhaalpwer work, the on hit from foebane doesnt work.

The mage spell and Bhaalpower work once to provide your character with extra HPs, but you don't get any further benefit from additional uses in the current EE version.
    iosfrustration