Skip to content

Trackpad scrolling bug on vendor buy/sell windows - IWD Mac (10.14.6)

GomzoidGomzoid Member Posts: 21
Game version: IWD 2.5.17.0
macOS: 10.14.6 (2018 MacBook Air)
mods installed: none

If I use two fingers to scroll on the trackpad on a vendor inventory list (or character inventory list when the buy/sell window is open) the list snaps to the final item on the list when I release the trackpad and does not remain on the selected item.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Yeah, I think the trackpad issues on Macs are known.
  • oakheartoakheart Member Posts: 65
    OK, so a workaround this (on macOS 10.15.4) is to set the trackpad secondary click to the bottom left (or right) corner of the pad. Clicking/scrolling with two fingers still causes the list to jump around.
  • AgalinAgalin Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2020
    The issue seems to be caused by clunky scrolling feature used in all views with rows (store, proficiency, thief skills...) - I don't know what it's supposed to do (probably scroll by 1 row at a time) but commenting those scrollbar calls out from UI.MENU file fixes the issue - normal scrolling is possible in those places.
    Post edited by Agalin on
    How do I access the UI.MENU file? (I've never done anything other than tinker with Baldur.lua)
  • AgalinAgalin Member Posts: 2
    You can edit it using a program called NearInfinity created for modding mostly. UI.MENU seems to be a LUA file too. And after playing for one day: yeah, it's related to scroll by row as now item separators in the shop are not moving and items can be displayed over them - still much better than the current bugged scrolling.

Here is my current UI.MENU file. Put it into the override directory in the main IWD folder (same level as scripts or music folders) and it should work.
    Excellent, thanks
    I'm interested to know if this is fixed in the 2.6 Beta (I don't have access to it)