Skip to content

Edit posts?

BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
edited June 2012 in Site Resources
Would be nice to be able to edit our posts in case we missed something after Posting.
Post edited by CameronTofer on
AndreaColombo

Comments

• BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    There are a couple of threads started by me that I would like to edit.

After enabling a javascript in my browser, I saw I was able to edit a comment/reply I made to someone else's thread. It gave me a 1 hour count down to edit. I have not noticed this with threads I start.
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279
    You should be able to edit your comment by pressing the gear. Note that for threads you've started the gear is available when you're in the discussion list.
  • BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    Yes, I see the gear on threads I have not started but posted in. I want to be able to edit any posts I generate.
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279
    You're right, it's a bug! Teams of professionals have been dispatched...
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Actually on a related note, is there any way to make the original thread post editable as well (like on the reddit forum)? I always tend to find things to fix and add/ subtract about my original post's wording and idea... did that a lot with my reddit threads...
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    I have notices that although i do not see "gear" in the thread that I have created, I do see it (gear) next to the thread name when I review all the topics in some rubric.
    Oh oh! I do see the gear now! Nevermind... hehe This forum site is so... cute. lol
    Actually, now I see my previous difficulty. You find the gear on the main screen that lists your thread (whichever category you find it in), but if you click on it and enter the thread, there is no gear icon present to allow you to do edits from there (which is where it was available on reddit). Not sure if that's a problem, but it would be nice to be able to read the thread itself and click directly to editing it.
    Anton