Skip to content

Corrupt saves

Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
edited May 2020 in Technical Support
Has anybody had issues where when loading a save game it crashes? The save acts corrupt and wont work anymore? Every game I have played of NWNEE has done this at some point. If I don't find this in time I find that all my save can be corrupted (I tend to overwrite three saves over time). The furthest I ever got was Port Last. But once I get this issue my saves tend to be toast and I have to start at the beginning.

Wanted to know if others have seen this and if yes, is there something I can do?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    are you playing this on steam?

if so, you might have that steam cloud thing activated so every time you stop playing, its trying to upload the save to the cloud, but during the "upload" process if you shut steam down it can corrupt your game by not uploading correctly
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    Yes I have Steam, but I use offline mode.
    Hmmm, where is that option you mention so I can confirm it is deactivated?
    right hand click on NWN from the game library on the left side and choose the "properties" option

the, click on "updates" and at the bottom there is a box that says; enable steam cloud syncronization

uncheck that box and see if that helps with the save files
    JuliusBorisov
    Thanks!
    I unchecked it and I'll try it.
    sarevok57
    @sarevok57 Thank You Very Much!
    I have yet to encounter the save issue since applying your suggestion! This is the first time I have been able to really play NWNEE since it was released.
    Thank you so much for the great advice!
    sarevok57JuliusBorisov
    good to hear that it worked :)
    JuliusBorisovNecromanx2