Skip to content

How can I replace NWN Armours for other models? I want to "re" learn

hi,

It has been almost 15 years without playing NWN and recently I purchased EE and I've hooked again with the community.

But I forgot everything I knew regarding modding and I want to do some basics things.

I never liked NWN Armors, and I would like to replace them for other models I found in the vault that are more appealing to me and make more sense thematically for me.

Can someone point me in the right direction, where I can find a tutorial to override the default armors with new models?

I want to use Eurgiga's armors to try, as an exercise.

Thanks

Comments

• EurgigaEurgiga Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2020
    Try this: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/custom-content-guide-v30

Your post suggests you're not familiar with the concept of emitters. The first post in this thread contains a reasonably extensive explanation of emitters, as well as how robes differ from other emitters.

The tl:dr of it (and to try and directly answer your question) is that to replace a NWN armor is to replace each individual part by replacing the model for that part. The stuff you're looking at is using the robe emitter, while most NWN default stuff uses the regular chest, arms, pelvis, etc emitters. Replacing those with a modded armor would require loading the module you want to modify into your toolset, adding the mod in the Module Properties section, and then modifying the armors you want to tweak by tinkering with the appearance of their emitters. This won't modify the armors already on characters in the module though, as all of those are 'instanced' and you would have to update the instances of that armor in the module to apply it to the characters wearing it.

This doesn't get into modifying or combining 2das which you'll need to do if you're adding more than one apparel mod. I'd refer to the CCC for more information.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @Eurgiga said
    I'd refer to the CCC for more information.

My guess is that was a typo and that you meant the CCG (Custom Content Guide) and not the CCC (Custom Content Challenge which is currently no longer running).

TR
  • EurgigaEurgiga Member Posts: 8
    @Eurgiga said
    I'd refer to the CCC for more information.

My guess is that was a typo and that you meant the CCG (Custom Content Guide) and not the CCC (Custom Content Challenge which is currently no longer running).

TR

More a mistake than a typo, but you say potato, I say potahto. Thanks for the clarification though!