Skip to content

Skinning the toolet?

There was an update to the toolset that has allowed "Modern UI skinning has been enabled" apart of x.12. How do we go about customizing it? The white toolset editor kills my eyes and I personally would like something darker.

Comments

• virusmanvirusman Member, Developer Posts: 173
    edited May 2020
    That update entry means that the Toolset is now using the UI theme of the system, rather than the old Windows 98-compatible UI theme, making the controls look more modern. There is no customization of the UI.
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    I fail to see how this is an upgrade over the original. Hopefully someone can change my mind. There's quite a few wonky things now in the toolset. For instance, when editing a placeable, the portrait panel is no longer present and there are "OK" texts just kind of floating around.

aj9aj7l82biu.jpg

• JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    Toolset shows placeable portrait for me. Is there a portrait set for your custom placeable?

6m3zqx1138tr.png
    Perhaps. However, prior to the last stable update, there was still a preview pane regardless of whether there was a portrait or not. Here's another example where there are "OK"s in weird spots and I'm not even sure why they even are. I'm just trying to fathom why any aspect of this needed changing.

82a1qkamdeic.jpg
    That makes sense. I suspected it had something to do with my OS once the Toolset was skinned. However, what does any of this mean? Why skin it at all? I feel like I'm overlooking something obvious. Is it just aethetics so one can mirror OS visuals?
  • virusmanvirusman Member, Developer Posts: 173
    edited May 2020
    Yes, for aesthetics so the Toolset doesn't look like an artifact from Windows 98 (or at least less so) and looks more similar to the rest of the system. This was not a 'redesign', rather just a flip of a switch to allow the system to use the native UI look rather than the Windows 98-compatible one.
    Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense.