Skip to content

Item level restrictions don't work

Hi all,

I'm having problems enabling item level restrictions for the PC version of NWN:EE in single player content.

I prefer to enable this setting, which always used to work in the Diamond version of the game.

In nwnplayer.ini, under [Game options] I add the line "Single Player ItemLevelRestrictions=1" and I also changed the settings.tml value to "item-level-restrictions = true" (tried in-game using the config menu and also editing file manually) but all items can be equipped regardless of level.

Bug? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hi! The correct file now is Settings.tml. However, since changing the file also isn't helping you, I recommend reporting the issue at https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals so that our QA could have a look.
  • FlibbleFlibble Member Posts: 4
    Thanks! I've submitted a ticket.
    2 months later and nothing, not even ticket acknowledgement.
    I'm still waiting for a response to this 4 months down the line. A simple config option just doesn't work.
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    edited May 2020
    @Flibble I just tested this and you're right - on my low level PC my low level PC can use high level items when
    item-level-restrictions = true

. I never use that setting so I never noticed the issue before.

There a centralized guide to all the settings in Setting.tml on the wiki.