Skip to content

Skipping the EE NPCs Cutscenes

Anyone know of any mod or method to skip or remove the forced cutscenes for the EE-specific NPCs (like Neera's ambush in the Bridge District, Rasaad's beating up the monks, etc). The actual dialogues I don't care about (like Clara/Hexxat) as they're easy enough to skip through...it's those awful, awful cutscenes I want gone (or skippable).

I've played through once with each NPC just to check them out and detest ALL of them and never use them anymore and would just like to make those forced moments go away (again, the actual dialogues, fine, easy to skip through quickly...it's those 'cinematic' moments I want to skip/remove).

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Possibly, holding down the "ESC" key on Windows skips most cutscenes. Some don't, and I have no idea what the distinction is.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    It looks like Beamdog manually disabled the option to skip past the cutscenes involving its own characters, though you can skip most other tedious cutscenes with the escape key.
    Blackbɨrd
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
  • ZeshinXZeshinX Member Posts: 88
    Ulb wrote: »

Magnificent. Thanks! :smiley:
  • Ryz009Ryz009 Member Posts: 100
    jsaving wrote: »
    It looks like Beamdog manually disabled the option to skip past the cutscenes involving its own characters, though you can skip most other tedious cutscenes with the escape key.

Which is bizarre and annoying. Especially when the cutscenes drag.

And I *like* most of the EE characters (well save Neera).

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    jsaving wrote: »

Not all of them. I've skipped EE npc cutscenes before. Not all vanilla cutscnese will skip either. I don't know what the distinction is between skippable and non-skippable though.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    what i am sure is that the first couple of times you play the game every cut scene is great, npc ones, but also the dreams when you sleep, but when you play the game for the 100th time it is just annoying to have to wait and look at a cut scene you have witnessed other 99 times before.

so every mod that allows to get rid of the cut scenes is welcome and the esc key should work for all of them by default.
    iosfrustration
  • iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    Hello smug PC players. While you discuss this important issue please spare a thought for your iOS playing brothers.
    I get every cutscene, every time, sigh...
    kaja8
  • ZeshinXZeshinX Member Posts: 88
    Hello smug PC players. While you discuss this important issue please spare a thought for your iOS playing brothers.
    I get every cutscene, every time, sigh...

My heartfelt sympathies to you for having to suffer through those dreadful things. Truly.
    iosfrustrationgorgonzola