Skip to content

Impossible to learn Minor Sequence

Hello,

It seems I'm completely unable to get Imoen or Dynaheir to learn Minor Sequencer. I've tried Genius Potions, installing the 100% Tweak, difficulty slider to easy and several reloads.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    That sounds frustrating! Do you mean you are able to click "write magic" but it always fails, or do you mean there is no "write magic" button to click?
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Have they reached mage level 7 (the level required for mages to learn level 4 spells)?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    What mods do you have running?

I have SCS, with the component that makes sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities; this is supposed to eliminate sequencer and contingency scrolls, but sometimes they show up anyway. And with this mod setup, it's impossible to learn a spell from those scrolls, because the corresponding spell doesn't go in the mage spellbook.

Character level is irrelevant here. Either lowering the difficulty to normal or below or drinking an Int-raising potion would guarantee success on this in-specialty scroll for Dynaheir. The only thing I can think of is that it fails because there's no valid mage spell to learn.
  • HemingbaeHemingbae Member Posts: 19
    jmerry wrote: »
    What mods do you have running?

I have SCS, with the component that makes sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities; this is supposed to eliminate sequencer and contingency scrolls, but sometimes they show up anyway. And with this mod setup, it's impossible to learn a spell from those scrolls, because the corresponding spell doesn't go in the mage spellbook.

Character level is irrelevant here. Either lowering the difficulty to normal or below or drinking an Int-raising potion would guarantee success on this in-specialty scroll for Dynaheir. The only thing I can think of is that it fails because there's no valid mage spell to learn.

This is it. Completely forgot that this is was a part of SCS. I thought the Innate Ability button was for preparing the sequencer but that I still needed the spell to cast it.

Thank you !