Skip to content

Never seen anything like this

Just 15 minutes into a new game, just went to Friendly Arms Inn to pick Jaheira and Khalid, and on the way to Beregost a conversation starts between Montaron and Khalid which erupts in a deadly fight and Xzar and Montaron killed Jaheira and Khalid. I couldn't do anything just watch. I went to the temple to try to resurrect them but not possible, they are permanently dead.

Game-breaking issue. I know that eventually fights erupt in the party but wow so early into a totally new game. They haven't been in the party together for more than 5 minutes or so and a fight to the death.

And since Jaheira is permanently dead, this is immediately storyline issue because BG2 Jaheira is alive.

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Did you have a low or dumped charisma score with your main character?
  • SoidoSoido Member Posts: 338
    16 Charisma

I have never seen this happen. It must be chance based and I must have been very unlucky for this to trigger so very early into a new game
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited May 2020
    Well, it’s not really a game breaking issue...you don’t need any of those four in your party. You can pick up Garrick, Kagain and Neera soon enough in Beregost to replace them.

I agree it’s probably reaction based, and can probably happen at some point even if the party leader has a high Charisma. I usually keep all four until at least Nashkel though...and it’s never happened to me over the past 21 years...they have often bickered in party though.
    Post edited by Dharius on
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Its not random in the sense that it may or may not happen. Those four WILL try to kill each other eventually. That was pretty quick for it to happen though. I'm surprised Khalid and Jaheira lost that fight, I've never seen them lose it.

A high charisma will delay that fight, but maybe the stars aligned juuuuuuuust right for you. Or wrong, as the case may be.
    sarevok57
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i remember on one play through waaaaaaaaaaay back in the days of vanilla i didn't even leave the friendly arm inn before they started their fight, and that was the first time it ever happened to me

i thought it was cool and weird at the same time

but every other time i had all 4 come along i can usually make it to nashkel before it happens worse case scenario
    ThacoBell
  • SoidoSoido Member Posts: 338
    edited May 2020
    I was really surprised that Xzar defeated Jaheira. With his dagger and 4 HP he actually did it.

Montaron defeated Khalid without any problem. I prefer him over Khalid. Cast Strength on Montaron and he does excellent damage with a sling and useful thief early on.
  • RedRodentRedRodent Member Posts: 78
    edited May 2020
    Reading about Xzar's efforts instinctively made me think about this speech:

I can just imagine that lunatic hyping himself up in his head before unleashing his fanaticism on poor Jaheria.
  • AaezilAaezil Member Posts: 178
    Move to working as intended, one group is very evil and another is very goodly ;)