Skip to content

BG: iPhone CTRL 8.

I have been having an issue with Baldur’s Gate on my iPhone. Could one of you explain to me how I can gain access to specifically the CTRL 8 cheat in Baldur’s Gate? I have a Bluetooth keyboard.

Comments

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited May 2020
    I think you have to enable cheats in the .LUA file (you have to edit that with a text editor application).There's an option for it that you have to set from 0 to 1, it's named something like "enable cheats" or so, I think. That should let that combo work.

Edit: I'm not sure where the baldur.LUA file is present on iPhone, but it must be in the same place where save games exist.
  • Eddard_StarkEddard_Stark Member Posts: 52
    Though not the reply I was quiet expecting, thank you for responding to my question. If you somehow find out anything about where the file is on iPhone, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know via this thread.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Well, looks like iOS has some restrictions on editing the LUA directly. I don't use any iOS devices so I cannot check myself, but this is what I found.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1090945/#Comment_1090945
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited May 2020
    @Eddard_Stark

I fear it's impossible (as of now).

As far as I know, you can just type your name (when prompted to do so during Character Creation), biography and the like with a Bluetooth keyboard. You cannot even open your Journal by pressing "J", pause the game by pressing "Spacebar", etc...
    Rik_KirtaniyaStummvonBordwehr
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    I have a saved character for convenience that I team up with. The characters has 16 tomes (2 of each kind - bar wisdom of which he has 6).

When I start a new game I team with the guy, and consume the tomes I need - when not playing no reload. It makes character creation less of a hassle. I “made” the convenience charname in a story mode game, and then doubled the amount of tomes in a multiplayer game.

I have a similar character in IWD where I gathered the 2 potions that gave DR and the 1 that gave MR. Using the multiplayer doubling trick, I ended up with 24 of each.

So I can pretty much tweak my characters a great deal - even with out mods.

Other wise the mod CD tweaks has an option to set the minimum roll for your character. With Luke93’s method of modding the iOS it’s reasonably easy to install.
    JuliusBorisovGusinda