Skip to content

Dermin Courtierdale not spawning (Harper Hold)

SelisSelis Member Posts: 11
Edit: Probably yet another Beamdog issue with this questline. But once your DerminSpawn variable hits 4, it seems you need to manually set it to 5 if you wish to continue. You also seem to need to romance Jaheira. Additionally this solution may later require you to set TerminselSpawn to 4 and TerminselAppear to 0, if he refuses to show to finish the quest.

My current main suspicions would fall on the GLOBAL DerminSpawn (set to 4 currently).

Related: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/29559/not-an-issue-dermin-courtierdale-not-spawning-bug-or-my-mistakes

Current progress Part 7 of: http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/SoA/chapter-2/quests/harper-hold-quests.php

Global variables (current value):
DERMINSPAWN 4
DERMINAPPEAR 21463528
TERMINSELSPAWN 3
JAHEIRAHARPERPLOT 3
JAHEIRATRAITOR 1
JAHEIRANOTHARPER 1
JAHEIRARELEASED 1
JAHEIRARETURNS 2

Oddly enough I don't seem to have the global MERCSSPAWN set to anything. Does the game engine 'unset' (remove) globals? I definitely did fight stuff, so it must have been set at some time.

What doesn't work:
- Sleeping outside for many many days
- C:AdvanceRealTime(999999) with or without the above
- Moving around to many areas
- C:CreateCreature("JADERMIN") - spawns a version of Dermin related to part 5 of the above link and won't progress anything.

Being a solo player, this leaves me rather stuck since I can't ditch Jaheira until after the quest concludes.

Creatures associated with this event:
jade1
jade2
jade3
jade4

Relevant code in JAHEIRA.BCS:

IF
OR(2)
Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
GlobalTimerExpired("DerminAppear","GLOBAL")
!AreaCheck("OH6000")
!AreaCheck("OH6100")
!AreaCheck("OH6200")
!AreaCheck("OH7000")
!AreaCheck("OH7100")
!AreaCheck("OH7200")
!AreaCheck("OH5000")
!AreaCheck("OH5100")
!AreaCheck("OH5110")
!AreaCheck("OH5120")
!AreaCheck("OH5200")
!AreaCheck("OH5300")
Global("DerminSpawn","GLOBAL",5)
Global("LoveTalk","LOCALS",56)
!Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",4)
!Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",5)
!Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",7)
PartyRested()
AreaType(OUTDOOR)
!AreaCheck("AR0020")
!AreaCheck("AR0800")
!AreaCheck("AR2500")
!AreaCheck("AR2600")
!AreaCheck("AR2601")
!AreaCheck("AR2800")
InParty(Myself)
!See([ENEMY])
!Range([NEUTRAL],10)
!AreaCheck("AR1404")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
IncrementGlobal("DerminSpawn","GLOBAL",1)
RealSetGlobalTimer("JaheiraRomance","GLOBAL",TWELVE_HOURS)
IncrementGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",1)
CreateCreatureObjectOffScreen("JADERMIN",Myself,0,0,0) // Dermin Courtierdale
CreateCreatureObjectOffScreen("

Does this mean Jaheira's romance needs to be active? (IF
OR(2)
Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",0)
Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3))
Post edited by Selis on

Comments

• JLEJLE Member Posts: 58
    Dermin's appearance, and indeed the whole Harper plot, has two different sets of conditionals for appearing.

- One set if the Jaheira Romance is "in progress" (stage 1 or stage 2), in which case the Harper plot is tied into the Jaheira Romance and *also* depends on certain Lovetalk values having been reached.

- And an alternative set of conditions if it is "not in progress" (whether "never started", i.e. value is not present or is 0 because no romance ever started, or "finished for good" (value = 3, either because you've fouled up the romance with dialogue or chosen another lady over her). Obviously, these conditions include being a female protagonist, or a male of the wrong race whom Jaheira simply isn't interested in, as well as cases where you've turned her down or fouled it up.

What happens if you cross from one set of conditions to the other is not something I can work out. If a timer's been set that's contingent on a romance existing, but you've crossed over to the "no romance" path and the game is checking for a different timer that was never set, that strikes me as something that could foul things up. BUT, the non-romance conditions sometimes take a good deal longer to happen. And sometimes a good deal shorter because they're not waiting on you to rest outdoors QUITE as often for the Harper quest on its own as you need to for the Romance.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I'm getting really tired of people talking about Jaheira's romance being bugged. I've done it about a dozen times and never once had to open up the console to finish it.