Skip to content

Marek's Antidote Potions

I read in the wiki it says each party member has to drink it. This is only for the active party members right ? Because I can't understand why there are 10 potions, I thought 6 potions will suffice.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Only the protagonist has to drink it (at least in the latest version). The remaining charges of the potion then serve as normal antidotes - Marek made some good stuff there, and he made more of it than strictly necessary. You'll know you're safe when you receive a large experience reward.

In some earlier versions of the game, it wasn't necessary to drink the potion at all - the quest automatically completed as soon as you received it.
    SoidoThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i think one of the reasons why there are 10 charges is because in one of the versions, each active party member had to drink it, and so, if there was only 6 charges and you made someone accidentally drink it twice, then 1 party member would be hooped

i remember back in 1.3 i believe it was ( or maybe even vanilla? ) 10 days later came by and even though i only had 4 charges left, 2 of my party members were dying from the curse ( i must have accidentally forgot to give them a swig ), so luckily i still had 4 charges left to save them
  • SoidoSoido Member Posts: 338
    I should have killed Marek on the spot when he first appeared to threaren me
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Soido wrote: »
    I should have killed Marek on the spot when he first appeared to threaren me

But then you miss out on all that tasty exp! Plus, if you time it wrong, you die in 10 days with no quest to save yourself. Happened to me on my first successful BG run. I had to speed run the rest of the game with as little resting as possible.
  • SoidoSoido Member Posts: 338
    My first reaction to this quest was skeptical. I thought they are trying to poison me by insisting to drink the antidote. I thought the antidote itself could be the poison. These guys are hired thugs.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Soido wrote: »
    My first reaction to this quest was skeptical. I thought they are trying to poison me by insisting to drink the antidote. I thought the antidote itself could be the poison. These guys are hired thugs.

The game tells you that you've been poisoned when you rest after they've threatened you.