Skip to content

MegaMod 3.13: Mazzy Romance, Clara NPC, Darkside Anomen, Flying Aerie, For The Evil, & more! (DONE)

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    megamike15 wrote: »
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @Ryz009 "Hm so should I install that if I have zero interest in romancing Imoen? Cause I have no interest in romancing Mazzy and installed this xD"

Honestly? Yes. THeres a whole friendship track with tons of content. Some mods don't play nice with IR, unfortunately.

the only mod i know that had issues was acesntion and that issue was fixed in the most recent version.

I have had loads of issues running IR with the unearthed arcana kit mods as well as some npc mods. The installations would fail until IR was removed. Its something in a combination 2-3 other mods plus IR.

Isewein wrote: »
    At least for as long as there are significant mods only available for Classic BG(T), there will be people preferring it over the EEs. Both have their respective (dis)adantages.

Yeah, in EE you get extra content, fewer bugs, and a more flexible engine. With original you get....nostalgia?
    Ratatoskrmegamike15
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 452
    edited May 2020
    Skitia wrote: »
    What significant mods are only for BGT? I have never played BGT (Before the EE's I strictly only played BG2) and I don't know of any well known BGT only mods.

Personally, I either wouldn't provide any BGT support or make it compatible with BGT once you are done entirely. I would recommend the former if you are using EE only scripts as well and don't have your own BGT installation. Doing blind support of any program (or mod) is difficult when you can't easily replicate bugs.

Yeah since neither Ratatoskr nor I still have the original Baldur's Gate 2 games we have no way to test that her attempts to code it compatible with them actually work (which means they probably don't). We'd have to have a 3rd party test that. I'm assuming the fact that no one has reported problems installing the mod on the original Baldur's Gate 2 is due to the fact that no one has tried, rather than there being no bugs (I mean if there are no bugs then awesome, but pretty much everything we code has to be tested and fixed a dozen times before it gets posted here).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited May 2020
    BCaesar wrote: »
    Ryz009 wrote: »
    Oh wait. It's this mod lol. How do I fix that Talos mission? It's killing me because it's bugged and I can't talk to Ada properly. Is there a code or something I can use to auto complete it? (the funny thing is I stole both of their stuff even though I only needed it from the morninglord. I blame my kleptoness).

*sigh* Talos. I swear that quest has caused more bugs than any other part of the mod. I'll fix it, I just need to figure out what's wrong. I didn't know the amulet even appeared if you didn't have the quest, but I should be able to code this so that if you have the amulet at all you can talk with Ada. Let me look over it today and I'll fix it and then Ratatoskr can post an update (she's coded a few more things anyways).

P.S. Ok I think I figured it out. This should be really easy and when I'm done it'll actually be coded better than I did it before. We'll just add the lines we coded onto her existing in-game lines anytime you've pissed off Talos. I should be able to finish it today no problem, once my son's done with the computer for his school stuff.

@Ryz009
    Ok done. I recoded Talos's necklace stuff and tested it every possible way I could think of, including stealing it in a game where I wasn't given that quest (because I was evil), which is an option that never occurred to me when I coded it the first time. Plus that was ages ago and my coding was cruder back then anyways.

It SHOULD work when Ratatoskr posts the next update, so if you have the necklace or are suffering from Talos you'll be able return the necklace or at least pay her to make the pain stop.
    Ryz009ThacoBell
  • Ryz009Ryz009 Member Posts: 100
    Ratatoskr wrote: »
    @BCaesar can you check @Ryz009 issues above? You did all the coding for that section so you'd probably find any bugs faster.

@Ryz009 is Ada just not talking to you at all now? I haven't looked at that code for awhile, but you should be able to either give back the necklace or buy her off. And if all else fails, I'm sure I can find you a global to make it stop. Are you able to tell us what the global MaevarWork is set to?

As for EE vs. regular, I'm not seeing any real objections to making this mod EE only so far. Is that correct?

Nope she won't talk to me about it at all.

I did find the global thanks to Nearinfinity though.
    BCaesar wrote: »
    Oh wait. It's this mod lol. How do I fix that Talos mission? It's killing me because it's bugged and I can't talk to Ada properly. Is there a code or something I can use to auto complete it? (the funny thing is I stole both of their stuff even though I only needed it from the morninglord. I blame my kleptoness).

*sigh* Talos. I swear that quest has caused more bugs than any other part of the mod. I'll fix it, I just need to figure out what's wrong. I didn't know the amulet even appeared if you didn't have the quest, but I should be able to code this so that if you have the amulet at all you can talk with Ada. Let me look over it today and I'll fix it and then Ratatoskr can post an update (she's coded a few more things anyways).

P.S. Ok I think I figured it out. This should be really easy and when I'm done it'll actually be coded better than I did it before. We'll just add the lines we coded onto her existing in-game lines anytime you've pissed off Talos. I should be able to finish it today no problem, once my son's done with the computer for his school stuff.
    Thanks! Sorry about the trouble :P my kleptoness couldn't resist.
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    No worries. This is what play testers are for. To do things you don't expect and totally break the game :-)

I should have a new version up tonight or tomorrow that will hopefully fix this issue.
    Ryz009ThacoBell
    edited May 2020
    @Ryz009 Okay, I've posted an updated version that will hopefully allow you to talk with Mistress Ada and turn off the pain.

For anyone else who's curious, here's the changelog. It's mostly just smaller fixes except for the lack of classic BG compatibility since no one actually said that they were playing our mod with the original game.

***This mod is no longer compatible with non-EE Baldur's Gate. Separating everything was getting in the way of our code. If you're really a die hard original Baldur's Gate user, message me and I can send you 1.071. That's the last version that might work for you.

A. Main Mod: Mazzy
    1. Korgan will now stay in your party at any reputation once you get through his Mazzy talks.
    2. Additional Mazzy interjections
    3. Fixed issue with Talos quest. You should be able to make amends no matter when you stole the necklace.

B: Main Mod: Misc
    1. Additional Clara banters with Anomen, Aerie, Cernd, Minsc, Rasaad, Haer'Dalis and Sarevok.
    2. Various bug fixes and corrections to Anomen romance fix, Yoshimo banters, etc.
    3. Additional Clara interjections
    4. Darkside Anomen:
    -Anomen no longer objects to Dorn's first quest after he fails his test. This helps you actually keep him in an evil party.

C. For the Evil: Things get a little dark.
    1. A more evil option with the dryad in the Windspear Hills

D. For the Good:
    1. Korgan no longer sides with Mazzy unless you've had their talks.
    megamike15Ryz009CaszidyThacoBell
    Oh wait where exactly does Clara wait for you in the thieves guild? I dropped her for Yoshi for a bit and can't find her lol.
    edited May 2020
    @Ryz009 If she said she was going back to the thieves guild, she should be upstairs in the room next to Renal.

Otherwise, try the Five Flagons.
    Post edited by Ratatoskr on
    Ryz009
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    I am not sure "for the evil" works correctly. Mazzy will just say "hexxat bad" and then just leave.
    @InKal For the Evil doesn't allow Mazzy and Hexxat to be in the same party. Mazzy always hates Hexxat. FtE adds more content for evil characters/players, but it doesn't change the personalities of your good NPCs.

For the Good does add more conflict, but I think what you're talking about may be the in game line. Our conflicts tend to be more violent.
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    oh, my bad. I just mistaken Mazzy for Koragan, sorry.
    edited May 2020
    InKal wrote: »
    I am not sure "for the evil" works correctly. Mazzy will just say "hexxat bad" and then just leave.

Yeah, there's a "Hexxat is evil, I'm leaving" banter in the normal game. We added another one which I think is coded in For the Good, but we don't have anything to make them get along. Hexxat needs to murder people to survive so that doesn't sit well with Mazzy.

The only character in the normal game who never leaves based on rep is Imoen. We've added three more:
    - Viconia, after a certain number of dialogues with Mazzy.
    - Korgan, after Mazzy and he come to an understanding.
    - Anomen, currently just if he fails his test and is romancing Clara and takes the most evil path. Soon we'll add the same if he's romancing the main character.

We also have coded or will code ways to avoid a few of the NPC's killing each other permanently. There are a number of dialogues we wrote where NPC's may kill each other temporarily but you can raise the loser (in fact usually they have to kill each other for the talks to progress).
    ThacoBellRyz009
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I am loving all the activity in this thread. I need to hurry and finish my IWD run so I can try to new version out!
    Ratatoskrmegamike15Caszidy
    @BCaesar wait have to kill each other for the talks to progress? I'm intrigued :D
    Caszidy
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    I am loving all the activity in this thread. I need to hurry and finish my IWD run so I can try to new version out!

i was gonna do another bg run to play this. but then tyranny went on sale during the gog summer sale so playing that now.
    ThacoBell
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    edited May 2020
    Impressive, congrats for releasing it guys!!!

Any plans to add some option to perhaps "corrupt" Mazzy to an extent (either to Lawful Neutral or Lawful Evil) as the opposite of redemptions like the one for Sarevok or Viconia?

Also since this is a romance mod are there any hugging, kissing and perhaps fade to black sex scene/s?

Maybe even the option to buy a gift for Mazzy like with the pendant for Jaheira?
    edited May 2020
    Losing out to the summer sale. I see how it is ;-)

@Ryz009 some of our talks kill people. It's a thing. Let's just say that someone ending up dead usually doesn't mean that you've done something wrong.

@Mothor Thanks. No plans to corrupt Mazzy, I'm afraid. @BCaesar is much too lawful good for that. Honestly, in our mod, she's more likely to attack an evil player before you have the chance to try.

However, Mazzy will certainly sleep with you as part of the romance. I think I mentioned this in the ReadMe somewhere but our romance is largely nonlinear once it starts. If you want to have fairly explicit talks about sex, you can do that. If you just want to play cards all the time, you can do that too. (I'm serious, there are cards). Though there's no explicit sex scenes; it's pretty much fade to black for that.
    ThacoBell
    edited May 2020
    Huh I found Clara she didn't show up until after I did Renal's RE though. Odd. I wonder why that made a difference? Oh wait nvm I'm just blind lol.

Oh but on the note of corrupting people. Hm...I'm wondering who would be good options for that. I mean Anomen is the obvious option but are there any others? Imoen I guess? I love corrupting people to evil :3 (It's why I love Jade Empire so much). I needz it.
    Mothor wrote: »
    Impressive, congrats for releasing it guys!!!

Any plans to add some option to perhaps "corrupt" Mazzy to an extent (either to Lawful Neutral or Lawful Evil) as the opposite of redemptions like the one for Sarevok or Viconia?

Also since this is a romance mod are there any hugging, kissing and perhaps fade to black sex scene/s?

Maybe even the option to buy a gift for Mazzy like with the pendant for Jaheira?
    Huh I found Clara she didn't show up until after I did Renal's RE though. Odd. I wonder why that made a difference? Oh wait nvm I'm just blind lol.

Oh but on the note of corrupting people. Hm...I'm wondering who would be good options for that. I mean Anomen is the obvious option but are there any others? Imoen I guess? I love corrupting people to evil :3 (It's why I love Jade Empire so much). I needz it.

Mazzy mostly corrupts others to good (or at least to evil people helping her do good things), but she doesn't get corrupted herself. As Ratatoskr said, if you have For the Good installed (and I keep it installed even in my evil game) then Mazzy is relatively hardcore about making sure she's in a party doing good work.

Clara really cares about herself, and about others not at all, so she's good at corrupting others into helping her. In this case Anomen being the main example. She's not evil for the sake of being evil, she's just practical. A somewhat evil Anomen is useful for her (though you can still choose to make Anomen go good, in which case Clara works with that. The NPC gets final decision.).

The main character is pretty good about dragging all the NPC's into his or her nonsense, but there isn't too much outright corrupting of NPC's available, at least until we finish Darkside Anomen. It mostly exists already in game (Anomen can go either way) but we're just making his evil options a destination rather than a mistake. It's all basically coded with Clara-Anomen already, we just need to tack a few things on to the end of Anomen's SoA romance and it'll be fully functional if Anomen's romancing the main character instead of Clara.

Similarly at some point I'm going to dive into Mazzy corrupting Viconia to neutral in ToB, which is again already in the game, it's just currently an option only if you're romancing Viconia.

To try to do a corruption that doesn't already exist in game would require going through an astounding number of lines of dialogue and painstakingly editing all of them. I'm not against that, but we have too many things on our to-do list to pull that off.
    megamike15Ryz009ThacoBell
    i see you are adding interjections for mazzy and clara. is it possible to add some for characters that don't really have any like say neera, rassad dorn and hexxat?
    Those NPCs aren't really a focus of this mod so I doubt we'll add many interjections for them. As much as we get distracted all the time, this mod is supposed to be about Mazzy and Clara at heart. Even Darkside Anomen started as a Clara dialogue.

That said, the conversations that we write have interjections for everyone as appropriate, the EE folks included.
    ThacoBell
    edited May 2020
    @BCaesar @Ratatoskr perfectly understandable :) That really is it's own mod xD I'm happy enough with dark Anomen and more evil options <3

That said could an on an evil PC note could I get a option to kill Adalon just because she's rude and forcing my PC into doing her dirty work? :P God I just want a "I really don't like you'" *stab* option.
    edited May 2020
    @Ryz009 Can't you kill Adalon already? I thought that was in the regular game since you need her blood and all. Or can you only do it after you do her egg thing?

If you can't tell, I always felt bad killing the pretty silver dragon and didn't want to miss out on all the xp from Ust Natha :-)
    Post edited by Ratatoskr on
    ThacoBellRyz009
  • AtiseAtise Member Posts: 5
    Just found out that a character named Clara is in SoD as well.. not sure if it's the same person or not.
    I am running EET with many mods, so I can't confirm if the Clara is coming from the mod.
    m177ugqb1e4x.png
    Our mod has no SoD content. I don't think that was actually out when we started this. However, our Clara is based on the Clara from SoA, and it's possible that there's a pre-Hexxat version in that game.

Neither of us have gotten around to playing SoD, so we don't take that game into account.
    the clara in sod is just a cameo.
    ThacoBellRyz009Atise
    edited May 2020
    Ratatoskr wrote: »
    @Ryz009 Can't you kill Adalon already? I thought that was in the regular game since you need her blood and all. Or can you only do it after you do her egg thing?

If you can't tell, I always felt bad killing the pretty silver dragon and didn't want to miss out on all the xp from Ust Natha :-)

You can only do it via dialogue after her egg thing. Otherwise you have to wait for her to change you into a drow then click on her with the sword :P It's kind of lame that way and I just wanted something more sensible for a character of mine in a complete rush given the urgency of the situation.

Oh I have mods that disable xp limits and give me more xp for quests so I don't feel bad skipping quests I don't wanna do. xD
    @Ryz009 adding one extra player line that makes her hostile should actually be fairly easy. As long as not getting turned into a drow doesn't break the game or anything, we can probably do that at some point.

Though of course, Mazzy would instantly try to murder you again ?
    ThacoBell
    @Ratatoskr thank you :D and yeah I'd expect that lol.