Skip to content

Neera XP. Getting the gem bag but leaving recruitment till later.

Have completed the core game (BG & TOSC) and thought I would do the EE quests (Neera, Dorn & Rasaad). Dorn and Rasaad joined with 32000 xp but Neera was still at Level 1, 2000xp. Very early on in the game , I helped out Neera, let her join, took the gem bag and then took her out of the party. As there were no XP changes I was expecting her to act like the others ie come in having 32000xp.

Xan seems to work as expected, in that you can recruit in the mines, give him the moon blade and then remove him from the party. If you then go back at the end of the game he comes in with 32000xp.

Not a big issue as it's easy enough to do the EE quests with Neera at Level 1, working up to level 3, just wondering why it worked like this.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    The way that scripting works, there's a local variable that gets set when a character joins the party for the first time (BD_JOIN_XP). Even if the character doesn't gain anything because the protagonist has too little XP, that variable gets set and the free XP script won't activate again.
    Neera's nothing special here; she uses exactly the same script block as the other characters, with the exception of the additional mage spells learned.

In your case, you actually hit the first threshold, with between 2K and 4K protagonist XP - Neera gained some XP, but not enough for a level.

If you want the gem bag without inviting her into the party at all ... that leaves pickpocketing it or killing her for it.
    ThacoBellsarevok57
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Ridcully wrote: »
    Very early on in the game , I helped out Neera, let her join, took the gem bag and then took her out of the party. As there were no XP changes I was expecting her to act like the others ie come in having 32000xp.
    Yes you unfortunately answered your own question with the italicized part.