Skip to content

How do people organize their custom soundsets and portraits?

How do people organize their custom soundsets? Do you come up with categories and re-organize things that way. Do you just dump everything in the folder and leave it as it lays? Do you append your custom portraits and soundsets to the naming schemes used by the base game? I'm especially interested in hearing what people who have extensive collections of soundsets and portraits have done. If you have a custom sorting system, then please feel free to share.
  1. How do people organize their custom soundsets and portraits?10 votes
    1. I keep things however the Soundset or Portrait mod installs
      60.00%
    2. I organize things into categories
      10.00%
    3. Custom Portraits? Custom Soundsets? What are those?
        0.00%
    4. I add new portaits and soundsets onto the male## and female## used by the base game.
        0.00%
    5. Other
      30.00%
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I keep backups other folders. Portraits are in the standard windows picture folder, and I have a mod backup folder (seen websites go down too many times without mirrors) where I soundsets and every other mod. Otherwise, yeah, they go wherever installed.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I do not have any portrait mods so I just copy my portraits to the relevant folder and keep them there. When i reinstall I quickly copy out+in.
    ThacoBell
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Organize? What's that???
    ThacoBellAerakar
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Do you just dump everything in the folder and leave it as it lays?

you betcha :)
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I organize my custom portraits via a sophisticated folder structure on an external HDD. Wouldn't want to lose them by accident or sudden computer failure, right? Main category being the game title. Followed with various subfolders: all arranged by race, gender and class. As well as replacers for already existing companions.

To put things into perspective: my Kingmaker portrait folder recently surpassed 730MB. Which amounts to about 480 portrait for that particular game alone.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    i don't use custom soundsets, and usually the regular portraits are fine for me, but sometimes i feel to use a particular portrait for a charname, and if so i create my own custom one, that i just drop in the folder where the ones that come with the game are.
    then, as it is the face of that particular charname, i don't use it any more for other charnames and if i keep a backup of the save games of that run i copy it there, other way i just erase it from the hard disk.