Skip to content

Beamdog Launcher corrupted my install?

ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
Started up the launcher to play some BG, when it tried to install SoD randomly. But SoD was already installed. Now the files are corrupted and it gives me this error:

Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear (Retail) has encountered an error while installing. Error code: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. Please verify the game under the options menu or try reinstall the game. Please contact Beamdog support if the problem persists.

I cannot verify the game files, or attempt to re-install the game. I try to launch the game directly from the exe, and it hangs on "Downloading game". But the game is downloaded, and I played it just last night.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited June 2020
    And trying to run my backup install prompts the stand alone launcher to attempt to re-download the entire game for some reason. What the crap is going on?

I've attempted to contact the service desk for a different error over a week ago, and never got a reply. I'm not holding my breath that they reply to this issue. Hopefully someone in thread can help.