Skip to content

Can't turn in Eyeless Quest - Helm

I finished the Eyeless quest, killed the beholder, returned the rift device to the diseased ones, and went back to the temple of helm to claim the reward. However, Oisig just says his standard "may helm watch over you..." message. My last journal entry still says I need to return the rift device (which I already did) and then go back to the temple. Is there some variable I can edit in EEKEEPER to make the game give me credit for destroying the Rift Device?

Comments

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Did you kill Gaal before going back to the temple?
  • edhunteredhunter Member Posts: 4
    Yes, I killed Gaal before leaving the sewers.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Which beholder did you kill, and did you use the rift device to kill it? I ask this because it's possible to get through the beholder dungeon without clearing it - you need to kill the beholder that appears after you clear the 'lair' in the south east corner and you need to use the rift device when you do it.
    I used the rift device on the unseeing eye to kill it.
    No idea what the problem was, but going back and doing the quest for Lathander made it work.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Did you go back to the:
    Temple of Amounator under the sewers?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    There are two things Oisig's dialogue looks for.

First, the BeholderPlot global variable to get the right conversation; this is set to 1 in the dialogue when you accept the quest. There are also WorkingFor___ variables to indicate which church you accepted the quest from, but they're not checked in the key dialogue.

Second, for the response that completes the quest and earns your reward - is the Unseeing Eye dead? It doesn't matter how you killed it, only that it's dead.