Skip to content

Hexxat - Banter + Attack on Sight (Spoilers)

I've heard all the hate on Hexxat but want to try having her in my party.
Just a few questions though:

1. Who does she have the best banter with?
So far I've seen a bit of tension with Anomen - cool, when it comes to blows, I'll get rid of him.
And WTF? They wrote her so Jan is no longer the comedic relief but has some ridiculous sob story????
There was so much potential here. Do Jan and Hexxat only have this 1 banter? Hoping there is
more - and much better - banter between them.

2. Are there many situations where she is attacked on sight?
Had no idea that this was a thing when reading up on Hexxat. After finishing the circus, Aerie and Qualye started attacking me. Tested removing Hexxat from the party and it was fine. Are there many encounters like this? I get it, she's a vampire but not even a dialogue check / warning or something?

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited June 2020
    Like Dorn, Hexxat enjoys killing others but she has the misfortune to be (even) more visibly evil than he is due to having vampire features. Are you thinking the game should warn players about this when recruiting Hexxat into the party, or are you thinking you should be able to use charisma to mislead people like Aerie/Quayle into believing Hexxat is an upstanding citizen?
  • Judas_JeffersonJudas_Jefferson Member Posts: 9
    haha. No, not like a "Hey, you know she's a vampire, right? People don't like vampires." when recruiting her. With the Aerie example, I thought it was a bug at first - I thought maybe I had struck Qualye by accident and the game freaked out. Even if it had been a simple "ARRGGHH! A vampire!" so that I knew what was going on. But, a charisma check / de-esculation option would be cool. "Aerie, 2 seconds ago you were an ogre and this vampire just saved your uncle... Chill".

I'm not hating on it. I can adapt to the idea - like you said, she is visibly evil and makes sense.
  • iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    edited June 2020
    And WTF? They wrote her so Jan is no longer the comedic relief but has some ridiculous sob story????

Jan is a stone cold psychopath. Every word that come out of his mouth is a lie. He is by far the most dangerous, deceitful, and downright dirty dog in the game.

I’m pretty sure that he’s actually Cyric in disguise playing the whole thing for the Lulz. Watch that creepy little midget carefully, he’s a nasty piece of knitting

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I often play with Hexxat in my party and I've never had anyone attack her on sight (maybe your rep got too low?), even the elves that you encounter after the Underdark can be convinced to let her live. As for banter, she has some mildly amusing, albeit short, dialogues with some other npcs (particularly female ones).
    dunbar wrote: »
    I often play with Hexxat in my party and I've never had anyone attack her on sight (maybe your rep got too low?), even the elves that you encounter after the Underdark can be convinced to let her live. As for banter, she has some mildly amusing, albeit short, dialogues with some other npcs (particularly female ones).

I've been playing all day and realised it's just any cleric character. Can't take Hexxat into the temple area and the odd cleric character we come across attacks on sight. And I was wrong, there is a line that comes up in the message box saying ' you support this fiend?' before combat.. but it gets easily lost in all the initial rolls and stuff.

Considering what you've said, it could be a mod then... So my own fault. Does anyone know of any mods where vampires or hexxat are attacked by clerics on sight? Can I change it in NearInfinity?

(Btw.. I'm liking Hexxat and her dialogues. Her playstyle is original too. Haha. So many times forgotten about putting the cape back on....)
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I still forget her cape from time to time after a long spell underground (usually after clearing a level or two of WK)! Re. the temple issue: Every time I've had Hexxat in my party she has been the one to steal the amulet from the temple for the first thieve's guild quest and I haven't encountered any problems, so it could well be a mod issue (or maybe with game versions later than my v1.3)- I don't use any mods apart from Dungeon Be Gone.
    dunbar wrote: »
    I still forget her cape from time to time after a long spell underground (usually after clearing a level or two of WK)! Re. the temple issue: Every time I've had Hexxat in my party she has been the one to steal the amulet from the temple for the first thieve's guild quest and I haven't encountered any problems, so it could well be a mod issue (or maybe with game versions later than my v1.3)- I don't use any mods apart from Dungeon Be Gone.

Mystery solved. It was the Valen mod. There's a .bsc class script that has all priests attack undead on sight.
    Thanks @dunbar.