Skip to content

Need help with bugged ranger stronghold quest.

Hello. Normally I wouldn't come to ask for help, but I am at a loss for what to do after a few hours of trying to fix it, and I have searched for anybody else having this issue, but I seem to be the only one to my knowledge as I cannot find posts on it from other people.

Just to make it clear I am running EET with the companions can take strongholds mod, because I speculated that might have something to do with this. Though the mod has worked perfectly, as Aerie took over the stronghold offered for her class.

The problem I am having is basically. I have a Cleric/Ranger and accepted the ranger cabin for my PC. It was all going normally until I had to stop the lord from destroying the forest for that cheap necklace. I solved it without a problem, but when I return. The forest spirit refuses to acknowledge anybody in my party as the ranger. They demand to speak with the ranger and will talk to nobody so the quest is completely impossible to turn in. I tried talking to the Mayer and he will not initiate dialog at all with my PC.

I looked for a long time and found somebody who wasn't having this issue and told them to enter this in CLUAconsole.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("RangerProtector","GLOBAL",2)

I did this replacing it with C: but all it accomplished was allowing the Mayer to talk to me and act as if I turned in the quest. The forest spirit was still there and still refuses to acknowledge me. Attacking her loses me the cabin instantly, and so I just ctrl y her in frustration lol.

I am legit at my wit's end and do not know what to do. I even respawned the forest spirit anew and she refuses to speak to anyone and demands the ranger. I do not know the console commands that could possibly rectify this, and at this point, I think it could be the only thing that could allow me to continue.

Comments

• iosfrustrationiosfrustration Member Posts: 153
    This is an epic level bug for sure. In the same way that some enemies are immune to time-stop this bug is immune to console.
    I’m sorry that this is not any help at all. But the meta is kind of fun at least
  • RinpooRinpoo Member Posts: 19
    Well if I cannot complete it, then I at least appreciate your commenting. Thank you.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    edited June 2020
    That Mairyn thing - unmodded, she will only speak to the protagonist. The mod you have should change that so she will speak to the ranger-protector, but this apparently isn't working properly.

What to do? Well, I looked up the mod that it sounds like you're using (NPC Strongholds) ...
    Without further ado, here's what is - hopefully - added in this new version:

Reilyn (the ranger ghost) will no longer continue repeating "I will only speak to the ranger" under all circumstances
    Numerous other fixes to ranger stronghold scripting
    From the thread at G3, dated April 12. So there's your solution - update to the latest version of the mod.
  • RinpooRinpoo Member Posts: 19
    jmerry wrote: »
    That Mairyn thing - unmodded, she will only speak to the protagonist. The mod you have should change that so she will speak to the ranger-protector, but this apparently isn't working properly.

What to do? Well, I looked up the mod that it sounds like you're using (NPC Strongholds) ...
    Without further ado, here's what is - hopefully - added in this new version:

Reilyn (the ranger ghost) will no longer continue repeating "I will only speak to the ranger" under all circumstances
    Numerous other fixes to ranger stronghold scripting
    From the thread at G3, dated April 12. So there's your solution - update to the latest version of the mod.

Ah, yes I did say that I installed that, but the fact that you found this out for me was so nice of you. Really I thank you so much for this information, as it tells me how to fix it, you are the best.