Skip to content

IWD - Hide In Shadows issue?

diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
In BG/BG2, assuming you roll successfully, when you hit Stealth/Hide in Shadows, it kicks in right away. But in IWD, often it seems to wait a few seconds (I am guessing for the end of the round or something) before kicking in.

I find I use HiS/Backstab excessively with a thief in BG, and when I try to use it in IWD I find myself frustrated that I can't use it to the same effect, and find myself giving up.

Is there a mod/patch to fix this problem in IWD? It seems like a bug to me, though it may be the intended behaviour.

AD&D Experts: Is the BG or the IWD interpretation of Hide in Shadows the more accurate?

Comments

• Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    This is a known "bug," I haven't found out exactly what the cause is. Some people think it has to do with whether or not you're standing in light or shadows - you can't make your next attempt until you're in shadows. Others think it's a sort of "cool down" period. If it's really frustrating you, just quicksave and quickload and you can hide in shadows immediately again.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited October 2012
    Staying on the topic of IWD Stealth.... Another thing I noticed about Rangers or Fighter/Thieves hiding in shadows is that once you are hidden you can immediately put on heavy non-theiving armor (ex. Platemail) and ur stealth remains intact.. Likely a bug but one my ranger uses I'm sad to admit, lol.