Skip to content

Multiclass kit clab abilities ? Solved

DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
edited June 2020 in General Modding
I created a multiclass kit the bladesinger for fighter/mages, i created a clab file for abilities and added to kitlist.2da. The game not use the clab file, i think becuase the multiclass kit level up as separate fighter and mage, not level up as bladesinger kit. In ee keeper i can manually add kit abilities bit that is not what i want.
How can i create the proper clab file or i need to somehow add ability to the clabfi01 or clabma01 that only works in bladesinger kit in use ?

Edit: i found the multiclass library mod, i cant beleive it is such difficult bit works.
Post edited by Danacm on

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    You could also take a look at the ADD_KIT_EX library. It allows you to create single class or multiclass kits very easily.

Link: https://github.com/Argent77/A7-add_kit_ex

The library contains an example mod which also covers creating multiclass kits.
    Danacm
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Thank you @argent77 ! I found your mod and works like a charm :) but i dont understand the behind mechanichs :smiley:
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    @argent77 one question. Can i insert custom .spl abilities and description using your library ?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Danacm wrote: »
    @argent77 one question. Can i insert custom .spl abilities and description using your library ?
    Yes, that's possible.

There are two options for adding class abilities:
    1. Use parameters "clab_path" and "base_class" to link a single ability table to one of the base classes.
    2. For more control use clab_base_f, clab_base_p, clab_base_d, clab_base_r, clab_base_m and clab_base_t to assign abilities to individual class aspects. For example, a kit based on a fighter/thief can use clab_base_f and clab_base_t to assign abilities to the fighter and thief aspect respectively when leveling up.

For kit description use the "help" parameter. It expects a numeric string reference, so you have to use RESOLVE_STR_REF(~your description text~) to get it.

Both parts are also covered by the example mod included in the library package (see kit_example4.tph).