Skip to content

CEP included?

ESXESX Member Posts: 23
edited June 2020 in Builders - Toolset
I see CEP modules in the game start up, but I don't see CEP in the toolset. Has it been integrated or am I missing something? I don't see the hak or tlk files in the toolset.

EDIT:

I have read all replies and they have helped, thank you. I can confirm that you really do need to move all files to the documents section for them to work properly. Also, I put a hak and erf into the documents section, after adding an erf folder, and the hak content would not show up if I imported the erf AFTER I loaded the hak into the module. I had to import the erf, then add the hak to the module for the placeables to show up.

Thank you
Post edited by ESX on

Comments

• Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    Hard to say. Is this a module of your own making or someone else's. If you are attempting to use it in building your own module, you'll need to add each of the CEP haks (there are many) to your Module by going to Module Properties, Custom Content, add haks.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    CEP doesn't ship with the game out of the box, because it's fan-made.

If you want to play a fan-made module that uses CEP, you need to download it from Neverwinter Vault (or Steam Workshop).
  • ESXESX Member Posts: 23
    Proleric wrote: »
    CEP doesn't ship with the game out of the box, because it's fan-made.

If you want to play a fan-made module that uses CEP, you need to download it from Neverwinter Vault (or Steam Workshop).

I am making a module and want to use CEP. I see it in the workshop and have subscribed. I can find the files in the steam directory, but where do I need to move them? In the relevant documents folder? And do you need to do this for all workshop content?
  • mlkent22mlkent22 Member Posts: 41
    In order to add any hak content you need to open the module you want to add it to in the toolset, and add each hak to it via the module properties gui. Even after it is added the new content in the hak doesn't automatically show up, unless it overwrites existing content. The CEP does not overwrite any content. SO the new armors and weapons will have to be placed into the module for use, either in an area, a store or a placeable container. The new creatures will have to be added as well either as spawns or as set encounters. Adding the CEP and everything it has in it at this point is almost impossible as making instance of each thing that it offers would probably ad more than the 16k limit that NWN has.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    ESX wrote: »
    I am making a module and want to use CEP. I see it in the workshop and have subscribed. I can find the files in the steam directory, but where do I need to move them? In the relevant documents folder? And do you need to do this for all workshop content?

Let me put it this way - you can do no harm, and will almost certainly fix all such issues, by moving the files to the corresponding location in Documents, as described in my guide:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1309774090

I have seen multiple reports from Steam users that content in the Workshop folders doesn't show up in game or in the toolset. One reason supported by firm evidence is that while the game itself does not require the Steam client to be running, the Workshop content doesn't show up unless it is. However, my suspicion is that the issue goes deeper, especially with the toolset, so, in the absence of clarification from Beamdog, my advice is to move all the Workshop content to Documents (or download it from the Vault instead).

As @mlkent22 implies, when you add a custom hak to a module, it generally doesn't add all the new content to palette templates. So, after adding the haks and tlk to the module properties custom content, you often need to make new templates, either by using the Wizards, or by editing existing templates - in either case using the Appearance dropdown (or equivalent) to select the new appearance. See Toolset Manual, available from the Vault.
  • henesuahenesua Member Posts: 62
    Seconding Zwerkule's statement.

If you are using the toolset, don't use content from steam workshop. Its just going to give you headaches.