Skip to content

Using the cursed "Shroud of Infernal Damnation"

Djasko_AmsterdamDjasko_Amsterdam Member Posts: 47
Edit: looks like this isnt viable, when you put it on it allows for a saving throw and if you succeed at making it, the spell doesnt proc. At the time you get this item, your saves are pretty decent, especially if youre a shorty. Hope they adjust this to no savingthrow allowed for the wielder.

So... this be the so-manieth time I've gotten this item, dunno if it's a random drop, but I finally got the idea that this item could be useful on a tank.

It casts Shroud of Flame on the wearer, which burns him and anyone nearby. They in turn may contract the spell as well. Tricky with a party, no doubt, perhaps bringing an inquisitor along isnt a bad idea to help stop it from spreading to your companions...

The thing is, you'd need to be immune to fire. The druid can turn into a fire elemental at 11, but makes for a poor tank unless multiclassed with a fighter... but then you wont be getting the fire elemental form for a long time. The cleric/druid spell only offers 90% resistance... the arcane version gives full fire resistance... but apart from fire elemental form, these are all temporary solutions. I'd like to walk around indefinitely with this item on my tank without dying.

I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to all the items, so I wondered if anyone here knows how to raise my fire resistance with items, if possible. Otherwise ill try the lengthy Fighter/Druid option, but it would be nice if any tank could be built with these gauntlets.

Thanks in advance for your time

Edit: found a hammer Demon's Breath which grants 50% fire resist, non good chars only. Now for the other 50.
Post edited by Djasko_Amsterdam on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i think TotLM has a ring of fire resistance in that keep ( i believe its from the hostile group? )

also i think the "ice" smith dwarf in HoW sells a suit of plate that gives 25 cold/fire resistance

after defeating lysan in the vale of shadows you can go to the inn in kuldahar and talk to the inn keeper and ask for lysan's belongings and one of them will be a cloak that gives you 30 fire/cold resistance

if you are lucky you might find one of the random treasure ring of resistances that give 10 fire resistance

if you are lucky and find the great shield +3 it gives 15 fire resistance

if you get nym to build you a shield from a rhino beetle hide ( or have dirty lew do and and have nym upgrade it... ? not sure which one you need to do first ) , that shield will give you 15 fire resistance

if you are lucky and find a reinforced large shield +2 that also gives 15 fire resistance

you might get lucky and find other weapons that give fire resistance if you can't find a shield that does, but then you would have to dual wield in that case

but other than that, you only other option is to use the mage spell protection from fire ( it gives a stackable 100% resistance and lasts 10 rounds / level ) and then once that spell wears out you can just cast remove curse on the character using the item

• Djasko_AmsterdamDjasko_Amsterdam Member Posts: 47
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    i think TotLM has a ring of fire resistance in that keep ( i believe its from the hostile group? )

also i think the "ice" smith dwarf in HoW sells a suit of plate that gives 25 cold/fire resistance

after defeating lysan in the vale of shadows you can go to the inn in kuldahar and talk to the inn keeper and ask for lysan's belongings and one of them will be a cloak that gives you 30 fire/cold resistance

if you are lucky you might find one of the random treasure ring of resistances that give 10 fire resistance

if you are lucky and find the great shield +3 it gives 15 fire resistance

if you get nym to build you a shield from a rhino beetle hide ( or have dirty lew do and and have nym upgrade it... ? not sure which one you need to do first ) , that shield will give you 15 fire resistance

if you are lucky and find a reinforced large shield +2 that also gives 15 fire resistance

you might get lucky and find other weapons that give fire resistance if you can't find a shield that does, but then you would have to dual wield in that case

but other than that, you only other option is to use the mage spell protection from fire ( it gives a stackable 100% resistance and lasts 10 rounds / level ) and then once that spell wears out you can just cast remove curse on the character using the item

Thanks for your reply, I'll find use for those items either way, even if this particular build with the cursed item is a no go.