Before anyone asks: no, I’m not a masochist.
It just so happens that this challenge revolves around 3 of my current favourite characters (more on that later).
I don’t have SCS, never tried it, and still did not get around modding my iOS version of the game, so, this challenge is the most difficult available to me I guess.
Now, this is a mix of well known rules:
- solo : self explanatory, you play with your character only, no companions ever.
- poverty : no items allowed but a starting club or staff, and quest items. Outside quests, Gold can (and should) only be used in Inns and Temples (donations and healing)
- no-reload: a first for me, it was about time I tried it. It means that once you make a mistake, it stays. Once you die, you reroll a new character.
- Legacy of Bhaal: 80+3*base HP, -5 thac0, -11 AC... That’s gonna make every fight very difficult and really long.
The run will be BG1+BG2 and ToB if the gods want it. No SoD (not enough metaknowledge of the game, and LoB-Belhifet is probably unbeatable without proper gear anyway).
The three classes I will alternate between will be:
- Sorcerer (or Dragon Disciple), trying to make use of the shapeshifting spells ‘cause I’ve fallen in love with them lately
- Cleric/Thief (traps, stealth, buffs, summons. Quite the arsenal)
- Totemic Druid (summons summons summons, and interesting ones at that)
Another class I might try is the Dark Moon Monk. Loved it a few years ago in a non-LoB, non-Poverty run. The lack of +1 weapons in BG1 is a bit of a problem though.