Skip to content

Strange bug

Hi, I have played this game for years without any issues. Just got a new computer and made a half-elf F/M/T. No big deal, done it tons of times. But this time, when going through character generation it won't let me put my thief skill points into any abilities except for pick pockets and move silently. Nothing else. Anyone run into this? Frustrating. Don't feel like starting it over because I would be wasting a 94, sigh.

Comments

• shimrodshimrod Member Posts: 2
    By the way, the finger icon changes to the generic cursor over all those other skills.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    I can confirm that in vanilla everything is working fine.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    any mods installed?

what about video drivers? are they up to date? perhaps try rolling back an update?

what type of video card are you using? ( since you said you got a new PC )

sometimes i have heard that some new video cards can cause some weird and whacky problems with the EE games
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    Try and minimize your screen and then maximize using keyboard commands alt/enter 2x. This can usually toggle screen size back and forth.

I have an up to date Windows 10 machine and have had to do this to open up the right part of the screen where thief skills are entered during character creation. I have no idea why, but it clears it up. I now do this automatically during character generation.
    sarevok57