Skip to content

Turn Based Combat for Baldur's Gate EE

SickBoySickBoy Member Posts: 2
Hello, I think that this would be a very nice feature. Pathfinder Kingmaker and Pillars of Eternity 2 added this option after the games had been released and it boosted their sales.
I wouldn't mind to pay a DLC to play in this mode.
This would require changes in the engine and lots of testing and rebalancing.
I would decrease the number of combats so it wont became too tedius. But if you add the option of changing from RTwP to Turn Based whenever you want, this wouldnt be a problem, since players could use RTwP for easy combats and TB for harder ones.

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    The autopause option literally allows you to make it turn based, doesnt it?

• PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    There's an autopause option for "pause at end of round", yes.

The autopause rules can be tailored to however you wish - I usually leave it on "Enemy Sighted", "Trap Sighted", "Spell Cast", and "Target Destroyed"
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited June 2020
    Should be noted that Beamdog is not allowed to create/add new content for the BGEEs. There should probably be an announcement thread pinned for that.

@JuliusBorisov What do you think? Since new features would be considered new content.
  • SickBoySickBoy Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    The autopause option literally allows you to make it turn based, doesnt it?

I would consider the autopause option MILES away from a proper Turn-Based Combat mode.

With autopause everything is happening at the same time, everyone is moving at the same time (not by turns), everyone is attacking at the same time, things could happen before the next round that would require proper adjustment of the commands to each one...

I don't know if this would be considered new content and thus violate the agreement they have signed, but the appeal of a turn based combat mode in CRPGs is real for a lot of people, specially if you are playing this game in consoles or mobile devices.

The adding of a turn based mode would cause enough noise to create headlines in news gaming sites.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @SickBoy Set autopause to trigger on spells cast, and party members attacked, etc. You can do far more with it than just every round.

And yes, adding new mechanics that aren't already in game is new content.