Skip to content

How long does the EE original campaign take?

Hi all, first post and such,
... I don't mean "how long is the gameplay"; I mean "how many days, weeks, months in the story does the campaign take", please?
I guess as a Feature request, some kind of internal clock or calendar would be really great; I mean, something like the Calendar of Harptos and/or the times of day Ed Greenwood wrote about...
Many thanks.

Comments

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    The Calendar of Harptos was already in the game before the EEs. The journal tells you when quests were given to you (on which day of which month) and the clock in the bottom-left corner displays how long your journey has been.

BG1 starts at the beginning of Mirtul 1369 DR. Depending on how you play the game, the entire saga could take a few months to over a year.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I tend to be a completionist, doing every quest the party can get. I believe if I add the number of days in BG1, SoD, SoA, and ToB, I was probably pushing a couple of years game time easy. My current run skipped SoD, but I was at day 277 in BG1 and the party is presently at 296 in BG2 - they haven't reached ToB yet.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    On the flip side ... the run I'm currently posting finished BGEE before day 30. For roleplay reasons, they limited sidequests and didn't explore most of the wilderness areas.
  • RedRodentRedRodent Member Posts: 78
    For what it's worth, I believe the first game begins in 1 Mirtul (kinda, sorta May) 1368 DR, and canonically ends in Marpenoth (kinda, sorta October) 1368 DR. SoD then begins in the fall of 1368 DR and ends around the beginning of 1369. The second game then picks up in Mirtul 1369 DR, a year after the first game. I'm unsure when BG2 is supposed to end and when ToB is supposed to start, but given the above, I would suppose that would take place in late 1369/early 1370 DR.

So going by the Calendar of Harptos, the first campaign lasts roughly five months, or 150 days.