Skip to content

BG2EE bug upon completion of Mae'Var quest

I went through the entire Mae'Var quest and killed Mae'Var and am now supposed to report back to Renal.
For some reason I cannot interact with Renal though. I'm standing in his room and trying to initiate dialogue, but nothing happens. I don't really want to go back to a super old save before killing Mae'Var if I don't have to (I've done more stuff in the meantime)

Any advice on how to solve this bug?.
I have changed up my party since, could this be causing the problem? It shouldn't though, right?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    First, the easy possibility: is your protagonist silenced? Mae'var's party does have a priest that can cast Silence 15', and that spell has a decent duration. Obviously, a silenced player can't start a conversation. If this is the case, just wait it out.

If that's not the case, and you're getting messages like "Renal Bloodscalp: has nothing to say to you" in your log, then we start checking on the state of the variables related to the quest.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I'm not sure but I think you have have to clear out Mae'Var's stronghold completely rather than just kill Mae'Var himself. So I always make sure I kill every one of his thieves - and given their propensity for popping potions of invisibility it's easy to miss one.