Skip to content

Chaotic Evil Playthrough [Narrative, Minimal Reload]

2»

Comments

• RaoRao Member Posts: 141
    @Gurkengelee - so glad you are back! No worries about having to stop every so often. Life gets hectic! Though not, I hope, as hectic as Groshok's . . .
    Gurkengelee
  • TheGreatGodLokiTheGreatGodLoki Member Posts: 93
    I am honestly surprised having only 2 rep hasn't backfired yet. Ususally when I play I go to a 6 to avoid any issues of having EVERYONE try to kill me.

I await to see how this pans out
    BelgarathMTHGurkengelee
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Gurkengelee , Wow, you're really showing us how it's done to play evil in BG. It seems like the game accommodates being chaotic evil pretty well. I wonder why I read complaints so often that there aren't enough evil options? Maybe it's because there's not much written for the more subtle forms of evil other than the psycho killer version, or that you have to miss out on some quests if you give the jerk responses to questgivers?

You seem to be playing evil just fine. :)
    Adam_en_tiumGurkengelee
  • GurkengeleeGurkengelee Member Posts: 56
    You seem to be playing evil just fine. :)

Thanks. Yeah it really seems that Baldurs Gate's imagination of evil is Chaotic Evil. Which is why the more sensible apporach of Lawful or Neutral Evil seems to be not very well represented. But as @TheGreatGodLoki said, I am also quite surprised that it goes relatively smoothly with a reputation of 1. Only the high store prices are an annoyance (I regularly kick out Viconia before shopping, to reset my reputation to 3 which just doubles store prices).
    BelgarathMTHAdam_en_tium
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    You shouldn't be able to dual-class a level 1 character at all - but Shar-Teel starts at level 2, so that's OK. Extra XP vanishing? Normal behavior. You always drop to zero XP in the new class when you dual, and the XP of the old class isn't even tracked anymore.

The joining loophole is that, if you dual-class in the brief window between recruiting the character and them receiving the joining XP, that character receives the joining XP in their new class. If you hear the chime and see the +, it's too late. That XP belongs to their first class, and you might as well use it there - in Shar-Teel's case, getting a healthy HP base and mastering a weapon.
    JuliusBorisov
    Thanks for the explanation! Yeah it indeed turned out well with Shar Teel being a level 6 fighter for the extra proficiency and then dualing to thief.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Good grief, your character isn't just evil, he's eeee-viiiiil. :)
    energisedcamel
    Just a heads up. I just arrived in Siege of Dragonspear. I went halfway through Durlags Tower before it demotivated me and led me to play a whole lot of other games "Groshuk Style". I played through the Deus Ex games, killing as many people as possible. I started Torment:Tides of Numenara as a strength based Glaive, being a dick to everyone around me. I also currently in my first playthrough of Dark Souls as a barbarian (Bandit class).

So for this playthrough this means that I will skip any narrative of the Tales of the Swordcoast content and probably skip right to the Dukes and the final battle (I didn't do many screenshots). And then I will go right into Siege of Dragonspear, which I am pretty excited about. I literally know nothing about the expansion except about the end boss.
    Adam_en_tiumJuliusBorisov
    Hey I just got caught up, is there a reason you haven't finished the game? I understand Durlags is a bit of a slog, but I'd really like to see you finish the game and kill Saeavok!
    Adam_en_tium
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Gurkengelee
    This is awesome, hope you finish it some day.
    Adam_en_tium
    Well I do believe he is gone. I'll miss him and the fantastic work he put into this series. Hope you're okay man.
    Adam_en_tiumSelerel
    @TheGreatGodLoki Thanks for enjoying my writings! With a little roadbump in Durlags Tower and then a ton of stressful work during Covid-19 this playthrough was not really continued. I am not even sure I got the savegame anymore. As soon as 2.6 hits I'll see if I can restore Groshuk. Alternativley I am eager to try a Cleric/Mage evil Necromancer playthrough.
    TheGreatGodLokiAerakar
    Welcome back man! Glad to at least hear you weathered the store! That be an interesting playthrough!
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    I've played with Xzar as a Necro 5/Cleric dual and mained a Cleric/Enchanter multi. It's fun to do, highly recommend it.

Hope you do find the Groshuk save. As a plan B you could also recreate Groshuk and start SoD stand alone. Proper gear for yourself Edwin, Viconia and Dorn could be consoled in at the appropriate times.