Skip to content

chitin.key

saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
anyone know what this means and how I can fix it? thanks

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find CHITIN.KEY: run me in an Infinity Engine game directory")

Comments

• MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Operating under the assumption you are talking about EEKeeper, the error message pretty much says it all. Copy the .exe to the main game folder where the chitin.key file is and run it from there.
    saber0
  • saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
    I have a chitin.key in the folder but still getting same message, I don't know if it's the right one
    I do have a mac
    would that make things different?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    The EEKeeper program doesn't have to be in any particular place.

However, the "Installation Directory" in the settings needs to be the right thing. It should be the "resources" folder. This requires a bit of knowledge to find; it's inside the application bundle. Right-click on the app's icon to bring up the contextual mane, and choose "Show Contents" to reach it in the Finder. For setting this in EEKeeper, you can use the "Browse" button to find the folder.

For me (Mac, GoG version), the path is
    Z: Applications\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition.app\Contents\Resources

Well, that's my "BG2" profile, anyway. I also have a "BG" profile, with the equivalent path for that game.
    saber0
    where do I find the chitin.key?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    I told you already. It should be in the resources folder, along with things like the "data" subfolder and engine.lua. If it's not, then you have a malformed installation.
    saber0
    edited July 2020
    yeah I think some how the chitin.key got corrupted or something
    is there anyway to fix that?
    Post edited by saber0 on