Skip to content

DM client issue in patch 1.80, with manual fix [cross-post]

Carlo_OneCarlo_One Member Posts: 77
There was a DM client issue introduced in patch 1.80, which results in DMs by default not being able to see any custom palette changes made to a module. This means that when objects are added or deleted in a module in the toolset, a DM cannot see the changes, so will not be able to use the Creator to place the new items in-game.

The manual fix for this (thanks to virusman): look in your My Documents/Neverwinter Nights folder and delete the "tempclient" folder.

Thanks also to Zael for originally flagging the issue in the Neverwinter Connections Discord. This has been reported to Beamdog's official bugfix site, so hopefully the issue will be corrected in the next update.

Comments

• MurmureMurmure Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

I want to create my NWN EE module online, I have already started working on it via the Aurora editor. On this side, everything is fine, I don't have any problems. But as soon as I connect to my module with the "DM CLIENT" I do not see the entire palette in the "creator" menu. I apologize in advance, I am French and I speak very little English, I use a translator.

So I did some tests and various research on this problem.

- When I launch the nwserver on the "Chapter1" module, I have access to the whole palette without any problem.
    - When I launch the nwserver on the module where I am currently working (with haks installed on it), I only have access to the personalized parts of palette 1 and 2, it misses 3, 4 and 5.
    - If I launch the nwserver on a module created on Aurora with 0 Haks, I have no custom tab in the "Special" part of the palette.

I looked for solutions on the web, on steam, everywhere, no way to find a solution that works ... Some say to delete the folder "Documents \ Neverwinter Nights \ tempclient" that does not change the problem, and the folder recreate each time. I did a check of the game files via steam, the game is therefore updated, but that did not change the problem. I don't really have an idea anymore.

Thank you in advance for your attention to my problem.

cordially

Murmure
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited July 2020
    Carlo_One wrote: »
    There was a DM client issue introduced in patch 1.80, which results in DMs by default not being able to see any custom palette changes made to a module. This means that when objects are added or deleted in a module in the toolset, a DM cannot see the changes, so will not be able to use the Creator to place the new items in-game.

The manual fix for this (thanks to virusman): look in your My Documents/Neverwinter Nights folder and delete the "tempclient" folder.

Thanks also to Zael for originally flagging the issue in the Neverwinter Connections Discord. This has been reported to Beamdog's official bugfix site, so hopefully the issue will be corrected in the next update.

This only updates the palette once, if I go back into the toolset and make another new item then that item does not show up unless I go and delete the folder every time I make an update. I have this issue in DM lan game.
  • Carlo_OneCarlo_One Member Posts: 77
    It's disappointing that this is still an issue.
  • MurmureMurmure Member Posts: 6
    Hello, my problem seems to be solved, it was a problem updating the game and an inatention error on my part. Thank you everybody ! :)