Skip to content

Jaheira stats boosted?

Hi Guys,

I am playing a run with Jaheira. Her stats on GameBanshee show a dexterity of 17 but when I recruit her, it is still 14 like in BG1. I saw in a old post that some people get her with 17 dex and some with 14. Is there some bug on this? Is there a way to get the 17 dex Jaheira? I am on v2.5 on android. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    There's a mod that gives Jaheira her BG2 stats for BG1. They might be using that.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I do this, and I often forget about it. I never understood why characters would have different stats, so I always give NPCs their BG2 stats.
    Maurvir wrote: »
    I do this, and I often forget about it. I never understood why characters would have different stats, so I always give NPCs their BG2 stats.

Probably because BG1 is more roleplay, and BG2 is more powergame.
  • cloudsatcloudsat Member Posts: 25
    Minsc and Viccy got boosted in unmodded SOD. I thought Jaheira was boosted too and I might've got some bug. If not, I still have the dex gauntlet from BG1. So far I get the feeling that SOD has some flavor of IWD to it and better stats might be more important than in BG1.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    ThacoBell wrote: »

How come?
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    DJKajuru wrote: »

How come?

It just has a different feel to it in vanilla. In BG1, you are run out of your home and see your guardian killed in front of you. And then you are literally set out in the woods by your lonesome. Well, for about 10 seconds, when Imoen shows up. You have no idea what is going on, that there is a greater story, etc. So, a lot of encounters are out there just because it's fun to go adventuring in the woods. Portalbenderwinden and Gallileus, for instance.

BG2 drops a lot of that and focuses on battles, one right after another, to prepare you for one boss fight after another. Sure, there is some just good, clean, role playing, but it's definitely not the focus of the game. While I really like BG2, to be honest, BG1 can be more "fun" from a pure role playing perspective. Now that modders have brought romances and NPC friendships to it, BG1 can seem awfully attractive at times.

Playing with Imoen4Ever changes that balance by taking the pressure off, making the game feel much more like BG1. You can adventure all you want, go explore every nook and cranny, but without mods, there just isn't that much to do until you realize you are bored and go back to the main quest.
    ThacoBellSirBaldur
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    BG2 npcs typically have better stats than those in BG so they raised up those moving between games to level the playing field. Minsc would be even less powerful than Korgan, Valygar etc with 15 dex and con
    DJKajuru wrote: »

How come?

On top of what @Maurvir said, the npcs in BG1 are just weaker stat-wise across the board. They are more "flavor" stats than "What is the better build" that BG2 brings. There's less big fights, more people to talk to that say interesting/odd things that aren't connected to a quest of some kind. BG1 is very much a "Meandering around to take in the world" pace than BG2's ultra focus on questing and big battles.