Skip to content

DSOTSC Dragon Bug - BGEE

PiercePierce Member Posts: 5
Playing BGEE on PC w DSOTSC 1.02 installed. Spoke to Jeremy in the Nashkel inn, recruited Concobhair, traveled to the zone, spoke with the halfling (but didn't recruit him), and then went to the spot where the dragon should be, based on the images I've seen online. No dragon - just gibberlings. Tried sleeping to see if that would help, but no luck.

Any idea what might cause this bug and how to resolve it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Red_CarnelianRed_Carnelian Member Posts: 83
    Check the west wall where the Gibberlings are. There should be an entrance. The Dragon quest was moved to be inside a cave.
  • PiercePierce Member Posts: 5
    Ok, so the image I saw online was outdated. Good to know. I found the cave and went in. The dragon's there.

Thanks.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Pierce
    The latest official Dark Side of the Sword Coast version I found was 4. This is EET compatible and relevant bugs should have been fixed.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Endarire wrote: »
    @Pierce
    The latest official Dark Side of the Sword Coast version I found was 4. This is EET compatible and relevant bugs should have been fixed.

@Endarire the DSotSC at SHS is for BGT/EET only.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    Question:
    How do you progress the missing child quest in Nashkel (Ghastkills child)? I searched every house and can find no leads.
    I'm assuming you've spoken to the Ghastkill mother. Head to the area north of Nashkel until you meet CúChoinneach.
    Necromanx2
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    Vaguely recall a new npc hanging out by the nash bridge. She asks for a missing necklace and sends you north......or that's from the EET version.
    StummvonBordwehr
    Regardless of the version you have once you've killed the dragon and met the girl in Nashkel and spoken to the mother you should meet CúChoinneach in the area to the north of Nashkel on your way north. If you are using EET and CúChoinneach isn't there then it's most likely a compatibility issue or you haven't done things in sequence.
    Thanks for the info!
    The issue I have is I never go back to those wild areas after exploring them (just click the final area I want to go to and don't re-walk areas to go places). So a mod that puts things in a wilderness area with no hint to that fact could mean allot of people will never find this as I am not sure who wants to re-comb areas they have already done without being guided there. The dragon example at the top of this thread is a perfect example. I re-combed that area because I got a hint telling me where the area to look.
    edited January 2021
    I have two other items.
    1) Otho (blacksmith in Baragost) gave my the quest for his nephew before I got the mace he makes and now I can't get the mace.
    2) I am in the dungeon where you find Otho's nephew and I killed the Drow and Iron Throne rep (way down in levels). I have gone a few more levels until I entered a Knoll cave like in Tazok's camp. I can't use the exist (nothing happens). It was like 15 levels to get here and now I am stuck. Where should it go so I can use the area warp to get there?
    EDIT: Says the area is ARR019
    2euydnd3kuz1.png
    [spoiler/]
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on