Skip to content

Can't find Aerie after she leaves me!

Korgan pissed her off and she left. I would like to get her back.

She is NOT in the circus and not at the inn in the slums. Where else might she be?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Looking in the dialogue files... she should be in the circus. If she's not, that's a bug ... and there's probably no way to get her back properly without reverting to an earlier save.

(You could spawn a version of her in, but you would lose out on any equipment she was carrying, anything she added to her spellbook, experience... unless you knew exactly what she was like before leaving and reconstructed that, you'd be out of luck.)
    JuliusBorisov
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    I thought she was gone for good In this scenario, doesn’t sound like a bug
    It's a sequence of dialogues. Korgan belittles Aerie several times, eventually leading to an ultimatum: "If he's - if he's still with us this time tomorrow, I'm going back to the circus!"

A day later, if Korgan and Aerie are both still in the party, the final dialogue in the chain triggers. Aerie's actions:
    ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT)
    SetLeavePartyDialogueFile()
    SetGlobal("KickedOut","LOCALS",1)
    LeaveParty()
    MoveGlobal("AR0607","Aerie",[1034.1034])

AR0607 is the circus tent. She goes there. I'm not sure there's any circumstance in which she leaves forever; even losing her to low reputation has her just head back to the tent where you can recruit her again if you get your reputation up.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBell
    edited July 2020
    Previously she would leave permanently, so unless the EE has changed this this behaviour sounds right. It is mentioned in these

https://sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/npcs/aerie.php

https://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/npcs/aerie.php

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52781

https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/8lkxxe/resolving_aerie_and_korgan_conflict_in_soa/

Summoning her in ToB should work

She also leaves forever if you mess up her romance, if your rep falls too low or you encourage attacking the elves in Saradush. Interestingly so does Jaheira, that well known non good npc, whilst a number of “good” npcs look on
    edited July 2020
    Everything I've posted is from the dialogue files in EE version 2.5. She is clearly, both from the dialogue itself and the associated actions, intended to go back to the circus tent. The dialogue is something that the EE definitely wouldn't have changed.

... wait, now I see the problem. The location (1034, 1034) she goes to on the tent map is far to the southeast, well outside the walls. A picture:
    wkq81ze0n6oc.jpg
    Aerie is standing in her usual location, highlighted by a red circle. The alternate location this dialogue sends her is marked by the filled-in red disk. Unmistakably a bug.
    Recommended fix: edit this dialogue to send her to her usual location (469, 437) instead.

Unfortunately, the Ctrl-J console command only allows you to go to a walkable spot. You can't send a character out there to talk to her and invite her back.

By the way, leaving for low rep sends her to her usual spot in the tent. She won't rejoin unless you get your rep up some, but she won't vanish into the mysterious void where you can't follow.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited July 2020
    The dialogue between Aerie and Korgan has always said that she is going back to the circus but in previous versions at least she then disappeared after leaving.

https://buffleheaded.livejournal.com/7548.html

Many NPCs leave permanently if they are not dropped by removing them - e.g. Jaheira if you aren’t supportive about Khalid, not doing NPC’s main quests in time etc. I recall dropping Jaheira when she didn’t like my rep and her wandering off forever.

I am interested to know if this has been changed in the latest version - have you tested this scenario and if so does she turn up in the tent without consoling and then actually rejoin the party? The OP reports that he has this exact scenario, she has now permanently gone and my understanding is that this is working as intended. She gave an ultimatum, was ignored and is now expected to rush back to rejoin?
    I suspect that Aerie never truly disappeared after this confrontation - instead, she was sent to that weird inaccessible spot. If she was intended to leave permanently, that would have been an EscapeArea() command, as Jaheira has in quite a few situations. Aerie doesn't do that.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • fncruzfncruz Member Posts: 28
    I went to the circus and her uncle, Quayle, says "Eh, you have returned and Aerie is not among you? I should have know. She is a restless child. Wherever she is I wish her well".

She might be gone for good!
    edited July 2020
    Trigger conditions for that line: Aerie's not in the party, and he doesn't see her. A demonstration:
    Cast invisibility on her...
    67twmhxk2ik8.jpg
    then talk to Quayle.
    bfefejuglaji.jpg
    Nothing to do with being permanently gone or not - she's just not right there in front of him.

"Help! Uncle Quayle! It's ... it's so dark here. I can't move. Please, anyone? Can you hear me?"
    ThacoBell
    She is not in the circus though.

I went to a previous save and used EEKeeper to change Korgan's alignment to Neutral Evil and she no longer leaves. Minor cheating...
    Nope, she left the following day after all!
    Wait, what? Alignment shouldn't do anything here. It's a personality conflict - the dialogues only check for Korgan and Aerie's proximity. Or, for the last step, both of them being in the party at the same time. What you did there absolutely should not have mattered at all.
    The minor cheat that should work, before she leaves ... set global variable BKorgan18 to anything other than zero, so that the system thinks they've already had the last dialogue.

Whether she's completely absent or just off in an inaccessible location where you can't see her or talk to her ... it doesn't really matter as you're playing it.
    ThacoBell
    Well I removed her from my party and then went to the circus. She was there, though NOT in the middle. She was off to the side and I had to use TAB to see her name and find her. She joined.

Am I likely to have problems with her and Korgan again?

So far so good!
    Most likely, the dialogue chain will resume from wherever it left off, any time Korgan and Aerie get too close to each other. It's controlled by a series of global variables, BKorgan15 through BKorgan18. None of the dialogues, including the breaking point, are allowed to repeat - which is why I recommended setting that last variable to stop her from leaving.
    ThacoBell
    I will do as you said with BKorgan18 and hope for the best!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Having a charname with high CHA can delay (but not outright prevent) conflict with npcs. Banters also seem to happen more when npcs are close to each other. Try having Korgan and Aerie on opposite ends of your formation, that might help.

Aerie has a different response to Korgan if the banter fires in ToB, and its one of my favorites.