Skip to content

What are the best mods for Baldur's Gate II EE that you know of?

I have downloaded and installed "The Tweaks Anthology" From https://www.gibberlings3.net/ but is there any other one that you guys think I might enjoy?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    What type of mod do you want?
    megamike15ThacoBell
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    yeah what exactly do you want?

just asking for mods in general does not help.
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    There's alot of different kinds of mods. Quests, banter packs, new npcs, kits and classes, rebalances, tweaks, etc.

What kind of mods are you looking for?
  • 20884322088432 Member Posts: 229
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    There's alot of different kinds of mods. Quests, banter packs, new npcs, kits and classes, rebalances, tweaks, etc.

What kind of mods are you looking for?

Well, I have the "Tweaks Anthology" from fingerlings but I'm wondering what else there is in terms of extra quests, banter as you say, and new NPCs and kits and classes I wasn't aware existed... lead me to them, please.
    Okay, so a bit of everything. On here, both Lava and Aionz are personal favorites with some good extra quests and some great new party members. semiticgod is less prolific, but has done several bonkers custom classes and kits. Check out the modding section here on the forums.

Gibberlings3 has been around forever and has tons of mods. You'll want to poke around there. subtledoctor and Grammarsalad are responsible for some of my favorite kit and tweak mods. Check out Might and Guile, Tome and Blood, Faiths and Powers, and Scales of Balance for some major class overhauls. Make sure you read up on them before installing, they make some big changes.

There's also a plethora of banter expansions, romances, and friendship mods both here and on G3. Imoen Romance is very popular (you don't have to romance her, still a ton of content). All things Mazzy might have the most content for what is "just" a romance mod. Extensive friendship and/or romance path for our favorite halfling paladin that also includes a whole new npc,
    Stake Hexxat when you first meet her and you can keep clara.
    Almost every npc has friendship mods and romances of varying quality.Oh, Wilson: Chronicles of the furry paragon is pretty great. Light hearted and pretty funny expansion for the secret bear npc in BG2.

If you're really familiar with the game, and are looking for extra challenge: Ascension adds dialogues, new powers, and re-vamps the final ToB fight. Its magnificent, and super hard. SCS (Sword Coast Stratagems) is a difficulty overhaul that is very modular and customizable. Most components are fair, and focus on making enemies smarter, rather than stronger. But a few components will kick your face in, start slow with this one.

There's hundreds of mods out there, and these are just a few of the ones I find particularly notable.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    I’d also add Isra as a good NPC, and LavaDelVortel has a ton of stuff including multiple additional districts of Athkatla.
    Okay, so a bit of everything. On here, both Lava and Aionz are personal favorites with some good extra quests and some great new party members. semiticgod is less prolific, but has done several bonkers custom classes and kits. Check out the modding section here on the forums.

Gibberlings3 has been around forever and has tons of mods. You'll want to poke around there. subtledoctor and Grammarsalad are responsible for some of my favorite kit and tweak mods. Check out Might and Guile, Tome and Blood, Faiths and Powers, and Scales of Balance for some major class overhauls. Make sure you read up on them before installing, they make some big changes.

There's also a plethora of banter expansions, romances, and friendship mods both here and on G3. Imoen Romance is very popular (you don't have to romance her, still a ton of content). All things Mazzy might have the most content for what is "just" a romance mod. Extensive friendship and/or romance path for our favorite halfling paladin that also includes a whole new npc,
    Almost every npc has friendship mods and romances of varying quality.Oh, Wilson: Chronicles of the furry paragon is pretty great. Light hearted and pretty funny expansion for the secret bear npc in BG2.

If you're really familiar with the game, and are looking for extra challenge: Ascension adds dialogues, new powers, and re-vamps the final ToB fight. Its magnificent, and super hard. SCS (Sword Coast Stratagems) is a difficulty overhaul that is very modular and customizable. Most components are fair, and focus on making enemies smarter, rather than stronger. But a few components will kick your face in, start slow with this one.

There's hundreds of mods out there, and these are just a few of the ones I find particularly notable.

I already went through the entire installation process with the Gibberlings "The Tweaks Anthology" What the best mods to accompany that in your opinions?
    2088432 wrote: »

I already went through the entire installation process with the Gibberlings "The Tweaks Anthology" What the best mods to accompany that in your opinions?

I just told what I consider to be good mods.
    [/quote]I just told what I consider to be good mods.[/quote]

Oh, sorry my browser was acting up I didn't see all the text on the page.
    ThacoBell
    I just told what I consider to be good mods.[/quote]

Oh, sorry my browser was acting up I didn't see all the text on the page.[/quote]

Browserrrrrrr! *shakes fist*
    Lysandroth390
  • NiziNiziNiziNizi Member Posts: 70
    There is really ton of mods and components for EET install. You can improve and expand game to so much extend that it is really completely new game, multiply content of vanilla.

Now, imagine if we made mod such as "Improved Minsc (or Boo)". Add Minsc "Boo go for the eyes assault", just like Sarevok have his Deathbringer assault. Giving him.. I don't know.. 2% chance.. to blind opponent for one round >:):D
    Lysandroth390
  • RastorRastor Member Posts: 2
    Depends on what you want. Pocketplane has a lot of banters, new NPCs, and the like. RPG Dungeon had some really heavy difficulty mods if that's your thing. Gibberlings 3 and SHS have a mix of everything.
    edited July 2020
    most banter mods are pretty good. thacobell already gave two but i'll throw in yoshimo friendship and romance. with both of these installed it really fleshes him out and turned him into one of my favorite characters

minsic's friendship is also pretty good.

party member wise: isra is great, as is xan, and aionz's mods are also fantastic but only sirene goes into bg2.

Post edited by megamike15 on
    ThacoBell
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Saeralith and Tsujatha of course

Er, I mean... I like Unfinished Business and Rogue Rebalancing. And most of Lava's stuff is pretty good.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    megamike15 wrote: »
    most banter mods are pretty good. thacobell already gave two but i'll throw in yoshimo friendship and romance. with both of these installed it really fleshes him out and turned him into one of my favorite characters

party member wise: isra is great, as is xan, and aionz's mods are also fantastic but only sirene goes into bg2.

Isra and Sirene both go all the way to ToB.
    Maurvir wrote: »
    megamike15 wrote: »

Isra and Sirene both go all the way to ToB.

when i say bg2 i mean soa and tob.
    AionZ wrote: »

I am looking for a tweaks mod like cdtweaks-v9.exe the main things I want are to be able to 1 increase the walking speed 2. An experience cap remover and anything that adds to the game story-wise or whatever would be amazing as well.
  • SBlackSBlack Member Posts: 32
    edited October 2021
    * other tweak mods:
    Klatu Tweaks and Fixes
    Tweaks and Tricks
    Convenient NPCs
    Hidden Gameplay Options (especially for showing the AOE of spells)
    House Rules

What you like in these is a matter of taste of course. I found some worthwhile small stuff in all of them

* difficulty mods:
    SCS (you don't have to install everything. You can just do the AI stuff and not buff the encounters for example)

* content mods
    Rogue Rebalancing
    The Wheels of Prophecy
    Ascension (mostly known as a difficulty mod really, but you can skip that if you want and just take the general story improvements)
    banter + friendship mods
    All Things Mazzy (has some questionable content too, but it's optional in game)
    Almateria's Restoration Project
    Quest Pack (also has an AI/difficulty section, which you may want to skip, especially with SCS)
    Unfinished Business

* cosmetic mods:
    Pictures, Pictures Everywhere
    The Picture Standard
    LeUI
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    AionZ wrote: »

I am looking for a tweaks mod like cdtweaks-v9.exe the main things I want are to be able to 1 increase the walking speed 2. An experience cap remover and anything that adds to the game story-wise or whatever would be amazing as well.

CD Tweaks can do both of these. You can increase walking speed outside of combat and you can remove the XP cap. Lava's site: https://www.weaselmods.net/ has a number of quest mods that add new areas to the game.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • RavellionRavellion Member Posts: 4
    The only must-have mod for me is item randomizer, which can be found on gibberlings 3. It randomizes the location of the magic items.