Skip to content

Completionist Party idea

2»

Comments

• TheMikeFiveTheMikeFive Member Posts: 30
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    even though there are tons of undead in IWD i find the immunity to poison moreuseful of the cavalier, and despite the undead hunter is immune to hold, a ring of free action does the same thing

plus cavaliers still get all their abilities with virtually no penalty ( except they can't use missile weapons lol ) while undead hunters i believe lose their use of lay on hands

but its really up to you, for me, i use cavaliers ( even in IWD ) but if you want to try something new i say go for it

I went with cavalier because it's the one constant i always have. I can't bloody play a single game without a paladin, because i'll be thinking about how useful a Paladin would be here.
  • CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
    Last time I played a Pally was in BG 1 & SOD, I went with Inquisitor and that True Sight is very useful but the double strength Dispel Magic...so OP.

I'd laugh as a powerful Mage would be stripped bare in an instant ? but I don't recommend it, a Dispel Magic at twice character LVL is just too much, maybe if it was just +2 than later +5 above character LVL?
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    edited July 2020
    The bonus to damage and thaco makes the undead hunter really nice pick in IWD, affecting a large % of the foes you face. You could always run a hunter and a cavalier and see who does better?
  • CerabelusCerabelus Member Posts: 385
    edited July 2020
    One thing your Undead Hunter can do is use a Bow, the Cavalier can't use any ranged weapon.

It's not a deal breaker but I do like to equip a ranged weapon on all my characters, there are plenty of occasions when I use it.

A Longbow in the hands of a warrior class in the early game is very useful to me.