Skip to content

Bug with Spell Trigger

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to un-memorize a spell trigger with EE Keeper or console commands? I have Imoen stuck with a spell trigger still present in her spell book that doesn't appear in the abilities menu, which means I can neither cast it nor re-memorize it.

In EE Keeper I can see it under Imoen's 'Effects' tab as:
Spell: Spell Sequencer Active [256]

Is it safe to just remove it from there or is there a better way to do it?

Thanks.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Yes, it's safe to remove that effect in EEKeeper. Killing and resurrecting Imoen should also work.
  • mancesco_mancesco_ Member Posts: 5
    Seems like it worked. Thanks.
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    The cheat ''Crtl + R'' works with removing a glitched spell trigger.
    whalewere
  • VanDerBergVanDerBerg Member Posts: 217
    edited July 2020
    Related to this, not to start a new subject, but how does exactly Spell Sequencer/Trigger work and is there a difference? Does it count as three spells cast one after the other, or three spells cast at the same time?

Case in point - I can never get Pierce Magic and Breach combo to work in a trigger. Nor does triple Pierce Magic work. For example, Azamantes the lich has Spell Shield, Spell Turning and PFMW active. I assumed that 3xPierce Magic in Spell Trigger would get rid of both Spell Shield and Spell Turning, but Spell Turning remains. Also, 2xPierce Magic and Breach doesn't work either. So, do 3xPierce Magic in trigger count as one spell with triple effect that is nevertheless eaten by Spell Shield? Which means that also, for some other examples, 2xPierce Magic plus Skull Trap wouldn't work, as the target is exposed to the effect of all 3 at the same time, hence Skull Trap would be subject to Spell Turning (I know liches are immune to Skull Trap, but would it be the same for a regular mage)?
  • VanDerBergVanDerBerg Member Posts: 217
    Nevermind, this is one instance where the game description of the spell is right and Play it Hardcore is wrong. Spell trigger is not like spell sequencer and all the spells are released at the same time. So, first spell does not change the state of the target before the next one is cast. Which is why Pierce Magic, Pierce Magic, Breach doesn't work if the target is protected by Spell Turning, since the conditions for Breach are the same as if the Pierce Magics haven't been casted and would be reflected back to the caster. Case solved.