Skip to content

Android Update to Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Hello friends & fellow adventurers,

We just released a patch for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition on Google Play!

With this update, Android players will see some major features and fixes— including 64-bit support, restored compatibility with Persistent Worlds, and access to Ossian's Premium Adventure, Tyrants of the Moonsea, as DLC.

Read full patch notes here: https://www.beamdog.com/news/android-patch-nwnee-google-play/

It's a big update, everyone, enjoy! We tried to incorporate players' feedback. As an example, we've added a new option on Android for the menu bar to be on the left side of the screen instead of the bottom (toggle setting in the options, so players have a choice!). This should please MP players who didn't like the menubar/log window toggle at the bottom - now they can have both simultaneously. For single players, having the menu bar at the bottom is probably preferred.
StummvonBordwehrArvia

Comments

• DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    Thanks Julius / Beamdog - that is a lot of work you've taken on - much appreciated.

One item I did not specifically see addressed but which may be covered by other improvements, is the path finding of the player character with Henchmen in party.

My biggest issue with Android play up to this point, is the struggles to break out of corners and tight spaces due to Henchmen crowding.

Was that covered in this release or is it targeted for the future?
    Arvia
    One other item:

After the patch, there seems to be a blank space where the "Overall Graphics Quality" used to be.

That is pretty important for low spec devices - was that by design or is that a possible glitch ?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    DonCzirr wrote: »
    One other item:

After the patch, there seems to be a blank space where the "Overall Graphics Quality" used to be.

That is pretty important for low spec devices - was that by design or is that a possible glitch ?

This slider was removed on the desktop side too. With the graphical engine changes, this slider no longer does anything useful so it was removed.
    DonCzirr wrote: »
    Thanks Julius / Beamdog - that is a lot of work you've taken on - much appreciated.

One item I did not specifically see addressed but which may be covered by other improvements, is the path finding of the player character with Henchmen in party.

My biggest issue with Android play up to this point, is the struggles to break out of corners and tight spaces due to Henchmen crowding.

Was that covered in this release or is it targeted for the future?

Pathfinding improvements might come to the Android version with a future patch.
    Ok thanks for the info.

Combining this patch and using the Android "Game Launcher" App have made the gameplay (even in busy battle scenes) very fluid and manageable. (even on my device - Samsung Tab A with 3 GB RAM / S-pen)

Good work Beamdog !
    JuliusBorisov
  • CikroCikro Member Posts: 1
    Please, italian language on Android for this and the other games...
    Aedan
  • qwortyqworty Member Posts: 7
    Any chance for a hotfix to the learning spells from scroll bug?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    qworty wrote: »
    Any chance for a hotfix to the learning spells from scroll bug?

We're working on adding that hotfix to the Android version.
    qworty
  • Dan4ikDenDan4ikDen Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I bought neverwinter nights on Android, I want to try to play with friends, but the problem is that I need to try instant kill, which was done in the older version through debug mode, I want to try it on Android, but I don’t know how and no one knows, various Cheats and commands there is, but it can’t be done, so I’m wondering, in the end, it’s so profitable to punish cheaters on servers, is there such a possibility at all, or what is written in the control settings just doesn’t mean anything
  • dunahandunahan Member Posts: 139
    Go to Settings and search for Debug. There will be a checkbox for Debug Panel. Activate it and then you should see a new panel with said name. Then you should see a text with debug mode. That activated, will allow you to use the console commands.