Skip to content

Can I return to Underdark after leaving?

Can I return to Underdark after leaving?

I cannot beat House Jae'llat in the drow city. Maybe I need to level up a bit and try later. I would like to do so and try again later.

Comments

• MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    edited July 2020
    Those are two separate questions.

First, yes, you can return to the Underdark later. There is a small chance that a group of Drow will follow you out, but the cavern can be accessed at any time after you exit. Note, you CAN'T return to the Suhagin city, so if you missed it by taking the portal, or you left something in the city, you missed it. That rope is a one-shot use thing.

As for House Jae'llat, you can only enter that house *once*, because the wardstone (like the rope) is consumed (removed) when you enter. If you have already used it, that's it - no second attempts.
  • ReticentReticent Member Posts: 122
    edited July 2020
    IIRC you can return to the Underdark (back the same way you exited it), but Ust Natha itself will likely be closed to you at that point.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Yes, you can re-enter the Underdark after reaching the surface, though you'll no longer be disguised if you do.
  • fncruzfncruz Member Posts: 28
    Reticent wrote: »
    IIRC you can return to the Underdark (back the same way you exited it), but Ust Natha itself will likely be closed to you at that point.

Ok thanks!
    Reticent wrote: »

You can go back to Ust Natha, but as jsaving pointed out, not disguised as a Drow, which means you can really only go back to cleanse it of its filth. Any unfinished quests are pretty much toast, though I'm not *positive* about Deirex if you already have the ward item. I say that because Jarlaxle already knows the scoop on you.
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    Yes, yes you can re-enter the Underdark you could even go back and kill the Silver Dragon if you wanted.
    Blackbɨrd wrote: »
    Yes, yes you can re-enter the Underdark you could even go back and kill the Silver Dragon if you wanted.

I thought the dragon left once you departed the Underdark the first time? I'll have to check this on my save game.
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    Maurvir wrote: »
    Blackbɨrd wrote: »

I thought the dragon left once you departed the Underdark the first time? I'll have to check this on my save game.

I might actually be incorrect. If I remember if you have enough charisma, you can convince the Drow to open up the doors, you could then enter the Drow City do whatever or viceversa and then leave.

I'm not sure if you leave, if the Silver Dragon will still be there or not.