Skip to content

[MOD] Enhanced Edition: Cosmetic Enhancement v1.0.0 released!

2»

Comments

• legotaksinlegotaksin Member Posts: 65
    legotaksin wrote: »
    I like your mod. but original black raser is better because it has a blazing effect.

Actually, in the original release it didn't have that effect, I just returned it to it's original form :smiley: If you would like to return it to it's blazing form, while keeping the rest of the mod, simply delete "miscbc.itm" from your override folder after installing my mod.

I have done SOA with your mod. I haven't seen a few items, but most of the changed items are cool.
    It would also be fun to apply iwd's spell graphics. I want to thank you for making the mod.
    I look forward to your version 1.0.
  • Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
    Progress on the v1.0.0 update/release is coming along, I've gotten through a good bit of spells for the new IWD spell graphics component, but still have a lot to go. Some of the spells function completely differently in IWD, and the visuals are, in some cases, tied to the functionality, so there's a lot of trial and error involved in getting them looking right. (chain lightning was a PITA, but it's done :smile: ) Others are a breeze.

The biggest time-consumer of them all is that there can be *several* variations on a single spell that have to be taken into consideration. For one spell, there can exist multiple variants used by NPCs, or innate abilities, etc... In most cases, I am including them for consistency's sake.
    Aaemforever
    edited July 2020
    I've made good progress on the update so far this week, I am done with the most of the spells with the exception of the various summons. Some, like raise dead, for example, work completely different in IWD than they do in BG, so I am thinking about how to approach them. Whether I rework the spells to function as they do in IWD, or just change the visual effect that appears under the summoned creatures.

I'm leaning towards the full function makeover, because I think it would be more fun, (better variety of undead summoned, etc..) but I may just end up doing both and leaving the option up to the player.

For those who follow this mod, with the new spell graphics component I have had to break one of the rules I set out for myself when I started this mod: For a small number of the spells, I've reworked them to function as they do in IWD versus how they do in BG. There are a couple of reasons I chose to do this:

1. Ease of use
    2. Better functionality (in my opinion)

Example: Sol's Searing Orb - in BG, it creates an item in the hand that has to be thrown in a short period of time or is lost. In IWD, the orb is fired immediately at the selected target when cast. (and has a rather fantastic graphical effect, I might add)

I know there may be some purists who won't like this, but I've always felt the the magic in IWD was far more fleshed out and "complete" than in BG

CaszidyDjinnAaemforever
  • DjinnDjinn Member Posts: 76
    i know i'm probably super annoying asking this, but would it be possible to opt out of the armour, shield and helmet pulse glows?
    I really enjoy the recolored palettes, but I often get confused with the glowing armor and shield pulse glows, not being sure if it's an applied spell effect or equipped item effect.

I totally understand if it's too much of a bother to seperate the applied pulse glow effects from everything else!
    I could, y'know, also not be a lazy ass and just write a weidu script that removes the effect from the items in question myself lol

One day lol
    Djinn wrote: »
    i know i'm probably super annoying asking this, but would it be possible to opt out of the armour, shield and helmet pulse glows?
    I really enjoy the recolored palettes, but I often get confused with the glowing armor and shield pulse glows, not being sure if it's an applied spell effect or equipped item effect.

I totally understand if it's too much of a bother to seperate the applied pulse glow effects from everything else!
    I could, y'know, also not be a lazy ass and just write a weidu script that removes the effect from the items in question myself lol

One day lol

That's kinda counter-intuitive to what the mod is meant to do. I will consider it for future update, but honestly, its not on the table right now.

Are there any particular items where you find the pulse glows to be annoying? When it came to those effects, I leaned towards subtlety in most cases, or at least, that was my intent.
    So, I've been working with the summons a bit, and it's not as big a deal as I initially thought for most of the spells. I am taking a hybrid approach to them that does change how they function to look like they do in IWD, but includes the original summons as well. The end result is that the summon creature type spells wont be any more powerful, but they will look different with a greater variety of creatures summoned.

These spells are *much* more in depth to work with than the others, so each one takes a good bit of time to do. I think the end result will be well worth it, however.
    Aaemforever
    edited August 2020
    Progress continues on the update, I have been somewhat bogged down by the summons, but I have completed the monster, animal, and undead summoning spells. As I said previously, these spells are a lot more complex to change in the way I envisioned. I will try to get some screenshots up soon of examples of the reworked summons.

Hopefully, the remaining summons will go a bit quicker so I can get this done so you all can play it :)
    Ludwig_IINecromanx2Caszidy
    A bit later than planned, but I got some screens up in the main post.
    Progress continues at a good pace. I am pretty much done with the spell component, and am now working on the on-hit visual enhancement component, and just doing general tweaks. It's coming together, and I think it's gonna be well worth the wait.
    Timbo0o0o0Caszidy
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    edited September 2020
    Looking forward to the new release, this has really made my recent play-through so much more enjoyable. You do great work Daeros thanks again.
    Aaemforever
  • Gloomfrost wrote: »
    Looking forward to the new release, this has really made my recent play-through so much more enjoyable. You do great work Daeros thanks again.

The wait is over! I have already released the update and moved it to a new thread since it is for multiple IE games: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/80271/mod-enhanced-edition-cosmetic-enhancements-v1-0-0-released/p1?new=1
    Timbo0o0o0AaemforeverGusindatl1942