Skip to content

Divinity Original Sin 2 was.. only good?

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
I haven’t posted here in an age so why not be controversial! I beat Divinity Original Sin 2 recently and it’s only good? What I mean is, the hype I had heard for this game was it’s better than any other CRPG ever made by anyone ever but I still like Baldur’s Gate, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Pathfinder: Kingmaker much much more.

I played by myself with a custom main character, Lohse, Red Prince, and Fane. The combat was fun and the writing was witty and fun but the gear and stat system are the wooooorst and I am not a fan. While the NPCs were well written the main plot seemed just ok.

Idk, am I just missing something?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited July 2020
    It's my most favourite party-based game from the last 10 years, so it is different for everyone. I liked the story, characters, combat, and much more.

But this forum is full of people who don't like the game. I don't mind that. Everyone has their own tastes in gaming and RPGs.

P:K is an ok game with lots of things I didn't like. NWN 2 - I couldn't get into it due to the camera. BG is the game for eternity.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @JuliusBorisov Yeah, that darn camera is easily the worst part of NWN2. If the fancy to give it another go ever hits you, use the console to unlock the camera. Bafflingly, Obsidian hid better camera options behind the console.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Like I enjoyed Divinity 2 a lot, I just expected to be better than Baldur’s Gate due to the hyper surrounding it @_@
    It’s probably in my top 10 rpgs, but closer to the bottom than I would have thought it would be.
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    edited July 2020
    Even if it's not topping of ideas I really really really liked dos2

Everything was well done and immersive, despite not ground breaking
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    I honestly don't like DOS2 but for those who don't mind the modern games ludonarrative dissonance, is a great game.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited August 2020
    I have played every divinity game since Divine Divinity. For me, while not a great game DOS2 was so much better than the first one. In the lore of these games there is a creature that is for most purposes unkillable. Indeed you meet this creature in DOS. The first time it lives up to its billing. But then, while underground you are shown a way to beat them. So I go back to where I first encountered them. Guess what. They are still unkillable in that location. At this point I gave up on that game. Sloppy programming.

TR
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I have played every divinity game since Divine Divinity. For me, while not a great game DOS2 was so much better than the first one. In the lore of these games there is a creature that is for most purposes unkillable. Indeed you meet this creature in DOS. The first time it lives up to its billing. But then, while underground you are shown a way to beat them. So I go back to where I first encountered them. Guess what. They are still unkillable in that location. At this point I gave up on that game. Sloppy programming.

TR

I don't think that bug still happens in DOS Enhanced Edition. I managed to kill all the knights, no matter where they are located.