Skip to content

MODS installment order?

I hope you can help me with the ordrer of installment of mods. Im my latest try, SCS didn't work.
Im playing:
MAC / GOG-download
BG1ee / SoD / BG2ee
I use Tutu & DLCmerger (for SoD carry over)

M O D S
SCS (SwordCoastStratagems)
BG2Tweaks / stronghold / happy NPC
The Tweaks Anthology
Rogue Rebalancing
Song And Silence (Thief/bard items only)
Viconia Revamped (cleric/thief)

Q U E S T I O N S
- What order of installment?
- The Tweaks Anthology have "unnerfed Thaco" and "Alter Bard Spell Progression Table", but so dos Rogue Rebalancing - which to use? and dependent on order? Will they override each other?
- In my current state I have BG1(+SoD) installed, and SCS doesn't work. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall? Or can I remove the mods and reinstall them in another order?
- Do I have to install both All 3 games in order for it to work? Or can I wait with BG2?

Comments

• LillohXaviLillohXavi Member Posts: 16
    Not Tutu, but Weidu - my error
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Actually, doing it in the reverse order of what you listed seems like it'd be pretty stable. Also, Tweaks Anthology replaces BG2 tweaks. You don't need to use both.
    Thank you very much @ThacoBell :-) I will try that. It makes sense with tweaks/BG2Tweaksnow that I looked it up! Thanks
    ThacoBell
    I've got answers for your other questions too:
    2.Pick which version you want and only install one. Installing the same component from 2 different mods will just cause errors.
    3.When ever you need to remove or re-install mods, uninstalling them doesn't work. You need a clean install of the game each time. Each version of the game (steam,gog,beamdog) has an option called "verify game files". Clicking that will make the launcher wipe all mods and redownload fresh replacements for files that were altered. Its MUCH faster than re-downloading the whole game.
    4.SoD includes BG1 so any mods applied to SoD will afftect BG1 in the same install. BG2 is separate, so that will be a different mod install.
    Thanks again
    "verify game files" where du I find that? In game or on GOG?
    LillohXavi wrote: »
    Thanks again
    "verify game files" where du I find that? In game or on GOG?

You're using the GoG version? There should be an option in the launcher somewhere. I'm afraid I don't know exactly where.
    On a related note, the GoG and Steam versions have 1 extra step when modding. Because the file structure is different, there's a "prep" program that needs to be run before mods will work. Look around the forums for a "DLC Manager" (I think that's the right one).
  • smady3smady3 Member Posts: 48
    You need GoG Galaxy installed for that I believe.