Skip to content

Where is K'logarath nad/or the melee axe +3

Yeah I know reading the Equipment database on Game Banshee is cheating, but I spotted a throwing axe K'logarath +4. K'logarath also appears in the EE Keeper item browser.

I am playing a dwarven defender and I could really do with something a bit more powerful than +2. I decided to go with this character because I thought there was a +3 melee axe out there somewhere, and this great + 4 throwing axe. Does anyone know where in the nine hells they are, and how to get them?

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    Unfortunately you're out of luck. The database you were looking at must have been a general one for Baldur's Gate rather than specific to SoD. K'logarath is found in Throne of Bhaal and +3 melee axes in Shadows of Amn. In SoD the best you can get is +2 - though a mage can use the enchanted weapon spell to temporarily raise that to +3 (handy for fighting Belhifet).
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    Nope - the Game Banshee site is definitely just for BG:EE & SoD. https://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgate/ Their BG2/ToB site is a whole different section. (Sorry about the crappy link - I can't get embedded URL to work.

Also my EE Keeper tells me both items are definitely in my SoD game folder.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    They might be present if your game is modded. It's also possible they're in the game files because there was an intention to add them in at one point (which might explain why they're in that Game Banshee list). I'm pretty sure though that they are not in fact available, other than through the console. If K'logarath is in fact available somewhere as an Easter Egg I'd be delighted - I do like a nice throwing axe. However, I still think you're out of luck ...
    @Grondo Sadly I think you may be right. Now I just have to behave myself around the console .....
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,350
    I believe it is added in the files and therefore on the Gamebanshee site because it’s available in the Black Pits.

The Black bits adds a lot of BG2 equipment, like the amulet of power and loads of ioun stones. Basic rule of thumb on the Gamebanshee site is if they don’t specify where the item is found, it’s from the Black pits.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Black Pits 1 doesn't have +3 weapons. It has generic +1s and +2s in pretty much every category, including +2 composite longbows and +2 katanas, but that's as far as it goes.

There's a certain amount of nonsense in the BGEE files that just isn't in the game - such as store files for ToB merchants like Karthis al-Hezzar. Sure, half of what he sells doesn't exist, and he doesn't either, but the store is still there. The +3 battle axe and K'Logarath look like another case of this - note that they're in the BGEE files even without SoD.
    @StummvonBordwehr and @jmerry
    Thanks for the replies guys. Maybe the game goblins slipped the items in when no-one was looking just to make us really frustrated when we can't get our hands on them.