Skip to content

Module Missing TLK Or Haks Open and Remove

Hey guys,

I have a few old modules that are missing TLK or hak files and I am wondering if its possible to load them regardless somehow and then remove the dependencies on those files by removing parts of the module etc. I have gotten to the point of extracting the module and can see all the individual files is there a way of locating the required ones or is there a way of forcing the toolset to open it?

Hopefully what I am asking is clear enough.
Cheers in advanced for the help.

Comments

• WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    If you open the file with the .ifo extension (just in any text editor like notepad) you can find the hak and tlk associations and remove them. This will let you open it in the toolset.

However, obviously all content from those missing haks/tlks will be missing, and there is no tool/function to check every possible reference to confirm. There's almost certainly going to be bugs, breakages and/or crashes, which you would just have to manually seek out and resolve.
  • AtreusAtreus Member Posts: 5
    Ok will take a crack thank you!
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,270
    edited August 2020
    @WilliamDraco is right, so you might consider trying to recover the hak and tlk files first. Almost everything ever published can be found on Neverwinter Vault. If that fails, ask in the forum, because members can often find obscure stuff on their hard drives.
    edited August 2020
    I've tried to but they were custom built and neither owners have copies anymore. Hmm maybe I should ask but its highly unlikely.
    edited August 2020
    Mostly get gibberish opening the IFO file into a notepad or another text editor...@WilliamDraco
  • WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    Ahh I must have mistaken it for another type...
    It's a gff file type so the neverwinter.nim tools can convert it to .json to edit, or a gff viewer will help. There's a direct link to the tlkedit download that I used here: https://github.com/calgacus/TlkEdit-EE/raw/master/tlkedit.jar
    Sorry about that.
    Awesome cheers mate appreicite the help will give that a crack
  • AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    You could make a "dummy" hak with the same name as the missing one - maybe just throw a blank txt file in it or something. That will allow you to open the module, but as has been stated, will surely introduce some errors due to missing content. A missing tlk shouldn't keep you from opening the module, or it never used to, anyway.
    Atreusdunahan